15

Amity huffed.

"I see." She said.

"Yep," Gus said before continuing with, "once Luz is back, I can ask her for help with Matt's... Clothes."

"But aren't you two boy? Why ask for her help??" Emira asked.

"Ja." Edric chirped.

Gus meekly smiled as he said, "well, with a bit of her help, I can figure out which ones have better prices."

"Are you broke?" Amity asked.

"No, I'm not broke. Even if I'm all on my own in high school, that doesn't mean I'm broke." Gus said after chuckling.

"I just prefer saving money than spending half of it so I can prepare myself when limited edition stuff is available, and besides, Luz knows her fashion sense a lot more than I do." He added.

Amity stared at him before smiling.

Gus felt a trickle of sweat by the sudden frown turned upside down.

"What's... 'Limited edition stuff'?" Edric asked.

Gus hummed before Matt beat him to it.

"It's items that only exist once and can only be obtained once." He said.

Edric and Emira were now interested.

"Tell us more." They said in unison.

Gus smiled in surprise before explaining more.

Soon enough, he lost himself in explaining about anime conventions, some anime series, and of course, Japan.

The twins were interested. Very interested.

"Japan is a place very far from ours, huh..." Emira wondered.

"How long does it take on foot?" Edric asked.

Gus blinked a few times.

'They probably don't have planes and boats in their world...' he thought before saying, "more than five years."

"Oh, that long, huh..." Emira hummed.

Gus nodded.

"How about horses?" Edric asked.

"Maybe around four years??" Gus shrugged.

...

Luz sighed.

It was a long weekend of work.

Especially after that interview on Amity, Boscha, and Matt. The principal enjoyed it though, it was somehow amusement to him.

"Luz?"

Luz sat upright on her desk and glanced over her shoulder.

"What is it, Amity?" She asked.

"Are you alright? You looked sad." Amity said while walking inside the room.

Luz chuckled.

"I'm fine... Just, uhm... A long day y'now." She shrugged.

Amity hummed and placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Are you sure?" She asked.

"Yep! And we have school tomorrow so I'm just finishing up on the assignments I didn't finish yesterday." Luz said.

Amity tilted her head slightly in confusion before asking, "is that so?"

Luz nodded before asking, "how are your older siblings doing?"

"They are fine." Amity said.

"They're not trashing my mom's room, right??" Luz asked, a little worried she felt.

I mean, who wouldn't?

"I believe not, they have boundaries when being in someone else's home. They know their place more than knowing how to count." Amity said.

Luz laughed before gesturing to Amity to lean closer.

Amity did as asked and got a peck on the cheek for it. Her eyes widened in surprise as she slowly pulled back touching her cheek.

"Thanks for being so good today!" Luz chirped.

Amity went completely red, hesitating in trying to nod before leaving.

"Goodnight." Luz said, watching Amity close the door before wheezing and covering her red face.

'¡¡No puedo creer que hice eso !!'