Chapter 3 Erin

Jasmines PoV
"We're here"mum says waking Scarlett up. "We're late" dad yells. We all grab our suitcases and run as fast as we can I hoist Scarlett on my back and she rests her head on mine in a piggyback. I run picking up speed with every step. Jack and Cameron are ahead of everyone sprinting like a pair of cheetahs, Erin's purple dress flapping in the wind, mum and dad are behind them. Elektra on their toes, me and Scarlett are fast but trail behind. All this time I can see the words NEED TO GET ON THE PLANE CANT BE LATE. Dancing across my head. "There it is quick" I faintly hear mum say. I look up and a polished white metal bird the virgin plane comes into view it's sharp beak cutting through the early morning fog. I've always been scared of heights but we are in such a rush I don't realise till we get to the top of the metal stairs. I look down my breathing increases and my hands are sweaty I can see black spots dancing across my vision. Then the cold hard pain prickles across my body I should scream I should cry. But I can't I must be strong I can't let my family know it will upset them. I'll focus on my breathing.
One:picture the height
Two:feel the pain
Three:breathe in
Four:breathe out
Five:get in the plane
I feel the pain dissolve slowly and board the plane behind Erin. I lift Scarlett off my back and onto the floor so we can get on. We walk down the blue isle until we track our seats 4 cream leather seats sit neatly next to each other. "This is for Cameron, jack, Scarlett and elektra me and your father will sit in the row behind you" mum announces as dad lifts the luggage into the overhead storage. "What about me and jasmine" Erin asks reading my mind. "You 2 are on row 60 at the back of the plane" dad answers. "Typical you guys are all together without us a great way to tell us who your favourite children are" Erin shouts at mum. She just looks down and does not answer confirming my suspicions she does hate me why wouldn't she I'm not her own. Containing my rage I walk Scarlett over to jack who takes her hand and sits her down next to him. I turn to leave but jack whispers in my ear "don't worry I'll protect Scarlett from her" he lifts his head in mums direction. I pause wondering how he knows I don't trust my step mum. "Thank you" I whisper. I say see you later to Scarlett and head off following Erin keeping my head down. At the back of the plane we find our seats two plastic blue seats next door to each other. Our legs aching we slide in. We hardly have enough time to relax before the captain announces take off. I turn to Erin who sits near the window, to find she has turned as pale as a ghost. I've never seen Erin like this, I don't know if she's scared or still upset about her fashion project. As soon as the plane starts moving faster and faster Erin grips my hand really tight, i know now she's afraid. I'm afraid as well but I must be strong for her I hope she's ok. I turn to look at her she's pale as a ghost her lips move as if she's trying to say Something. Once we are in the air I feel her grip loosen as she breathes. After a while Erin orders us ham sandwiches we eat in silence. "Thank you" I say. "Your welcome" she answers. I yawn loudly tired and lay my head back the world fuzzes in and out of focus. I feel Erin's arms round me protecting me from harm and I slowly let the blanket of sleep takeover.