Chapter 33

Skylar's POV

Ben's cars have been hanging around our neighbourhood more. I don't know whether this is a sign that he might know something or I'm just being paranoid.

"Stop looking out that window Sky, you might get yourself shot." Dad yells stirring his coffee

He's convinced now more than ever that they are secret agents monitoring to take down a bad guy that lives in our neighbourhood. I almost feel the disappointment from him when he finds out that his bad guy is actually me.

"I can't wait to see who it is. Who do you think It could be Sky?" I shrug and continue eating my breakfast. "I'm going with Frank two houses down, he seems shady."

"You can't decide whether a person is a criminal or not by their looks dad." I let out an almost fake laugh.

"He's an exception."

"What has the guy done to you nana?" I tease trying to ease my nerves. He gives me a stern look.

"Call me that again and I'll make sure those guys come to take me away for homicide." He says with a scowl on his face.

I put my empty bowl into the dishwasher and grab my backpack.

"I gotta go, see you guys later." I hurry out of the house after my dad and Giana say their goodbyes.

The creepy guy that I saw the other day stares at me as I get on my bicycle. Fear runs through my body but I don't show it as I take a quick glance at him.

The ride to school was really long and slow. My heart keeps skipping beats and my stomach is churning. It's almost as if my body is trying to tell me that something is going wrong. I shake off the feeling and continue my way to school.

"Hey Sky." Gabby greets as I walk over to my locker.

"Hey." I fake a smile, opening my locker and exchanging my books.

"What's wrong?"

"What do you mean?"

"You said hey like a normal person Sky. What happened to 'wassup dawg' or any other crazy greeting of yours?" She crosses her arms, looking sternly at me as if waiting for me to lie to her.

I sigh, "I-nothing is wrong, I'm just worried about the final exams. With all the other things occupying my mind, what if i don't pass?" I lie, well not entirely. I am worried about my finals.

"You'll do great, you always do great. You're the smartest person I know and I know you'll make it." Gabby gives me a side hug and a genuine smile.

I give her a soft smile and close my locker. "Where's everyone?" I ask noticing that it is a tad bit too peaceful here

"I don't know, I think the boys are around here somewhere and Karen might still be on her way. You know how she is." She says and we laugh both knowing how much Karen likes being  fashionably late as she calls it.

"Where's Victoria?" I ask causing Gabby to raise her brow

"What, have you two made up or something?"

I roll my eyes, "No, I just don't see her anymore and its annoying." I lean back against my locker with a sigh

"I haven't been seeing her lately either, it's as if she doesn't want to hang around us anymore." She says and I high key hope she transferred to another school preferably in another country or back to Canada.

"Yeah I wouldn't want to hang around someone whom I don't like either. Do you think maybe she dropped out or moved back to where she came?" I ask with hope shimmering in my eyes