Prologue

Skylar

"Skylar, come down for breakfast." Mom yells

Sometimes I ask myself if yelling is her hobby. Seriously, she enjoys it a lot.

"Coming maaaaa." I yell back.

I get up from my very comfortable bed and go into the bathroom to do my morning routine. After that is accomplished, I put on an oversized hoodie and some basketball shorts and go downstairs to a very pregnant mother and a loving desperately 'not trying to get on mom's bad side' father.

"Good morning parents." I make my presence noticed.

They turn their heads to face me and dad walks over and plants a kiss on my forehead.

"Skylar for goodness sake what are you wearing?" Mom asks.

"Uh, clothes?" I answer vaguely.

"Yeah but why those clothes?"

You know those moments when you're fighting in your head? Yeah, that's exactly what's happening now

"Uh, because you bought them for me to wear?" I ask, confused at her question.

She sighs, "I swear everyday I'm convinced that I gave birth to a boy and not a girl." She says taking her seat beside dad.

"I don't see anything wrong with what she's wearing. If anything she looks cool." Dad says

He's only saying that because he doesn't want any boys near me. I see you dad

"You don't see it because you are the one that turned her into what she is with all those sport things." Mom says throwing her hands in the air

"Hey, what's wrong with me?" I fake a hurt expression

My mom has been complaining about the way I dress ever since I made her stop dressing me at a very young age. I was never a fan of dresses or skirts and my mom didn't approve. It's always funny to hear her complain about my dressing.

"Normal thirteen year old girls don't dress like that and they bath, girl you are disgusting." She finishes.

"It's the manly aroma mother." I laugh as I make her smell my armpits.

"Get her away from me please." Mom laughs as she tries to shove me away from her.

"Come on Sky, let's go play ball." Dad says carrying a basketball in his hands

"Still want to catch this smoke I see dad. Personally, I would never want to go one on one against me after all those humiliating losses but I love the perseverance." I cross my arms smirking at him. Mom laughs but immediately stops when dad looks over at her.

"It's going to be fun watching you eat those words sweetheart." He ruffles my hair. Something he found 'fun' in doing lately.

I tsk and walk over to my mother, "I love you mom." I kiss her forehead

"I love you more now get your stinky ass out of here." She laughs

I join my dad in the backyard and he throws me a basketball which I swiftly shoot into the hoop.

I've always loved playing all kinds of sports and my dad makes it his mission to make sure I learn how to play all of them. He's the coolest dad ever hands down.

We continue playing ball until we were beyond exhausted and very much sweaty. Mom isn't going to be happy.

We enter the kitchen and mom is already making lunch. Dad throws me a bottle of water and hugs mom from behind.