Chapter 1

Skylar's POV

"Morning dad." I greet the man flipping pancakes over the kitchen counter.

"Hey sweety, you sleep well?"

"Yeah, where's Giana?" I ask, looking around to spot her.

Sergiana or Giana as I like to call her is my five year old sister. She's everything to me and dad. My mom died after giving her life.

"She's still asleep, I didn't want to wake any of you today. I decided to give y'all a break." He says cracking his million dollar smile.

Yep, he is our alarm clock. Weekend or not, dad always wakes us up and in the most unusual ways. One time he took pans and decided to bang them together whilst walking back and forth in the hallway.

"Thank you, I swear I didn't think I would be able to take anymore of your waking us up methods." I chuckle.

"Oh shush." He laughs and I couldn't help but join in

"Are you working today?" I ask

"Nope, are you?"

"Yeah, I have to be at the diner at three and I might be going to the gym after that."

My dad works as an electrician for a local company and since he has two kids to look after, the money he earns isn't enough to also pay the bills so I have a job at a popular diner and also another spare job.

"You work yourself too much and it's really not necessary." My dad says worry clear on his face.

"No dad I actually love my job. Besides, you need help with the bills."

He sighs, "Your mother is so proud of you wherever she is." He says kissing my temple.

I send him a smile and walk around the counter to give him a hug.

"I hope she is." I say, tears threatening to fall down my face.

Before he could say anything else, Giana walks into the kitchen rubbing her eyes.

"Daddy." She says softly in the sleepy voice.

"Hey sweety, come here." She walks over to dad and he picks her up. "Come let us go wash your face." He says to her and tells me to finish making breakfast.

I fry up the bacon and set the food into plates just in time before they enter the kitchen again. We have our breakfast and after washing the dishes I go up to my room.

I plop down on my bed and start doing my homework because I know I won't get another opportunity to actually do it. I have a lot to complete so starting now is a good idea.

After hours of homework, I'm finally done. I close my books and put them away. There is some light banging on my bedroom door and I open it to find Sergiana on the other side.

"Hey baby." I pick her up and start tickling her and she giggles in response.

I close the door and sit her down on my bed.

"Skylar, I want to play." She says looking up at me with those big hazel eyes.

Giana resembles my mom a lot and I more my dad. She has my mom's long Brown locks while I have my dad's curly dark ones. She has mom's hazel eyes and I have my grandmother's green-ish ones. I have my dad's facial features and she mom's. Everytime I look at her I see mom and in a sort of way helps me not to miss her so much.