Chapter 2

Skylar's POV

The bell rings and we stalk each other like prey. He attempts to take a swing at me and I dodge it easily, punching him in the gut. I could easily do more damage while he's hurt but I wanna have fun first.

Didn't Randy say this joke is undefeated? He fights like someone who has never stepped a foot in the ring.

"I think you underestimated me there pretty boy." I tease.

He looks at me with anger. For a second I swear he looked like my uncle Jeff's pitbull when he's ready to attack.

"Okay fine, we'll do this the hard way then." He says, shaking off his legs.

"Yes, that's what I like to hear." I smirk.

Bad idea, before I could react, he punched me in the jaw and I nearly fall to the ground but I manage to catch myself. He goes for another swing but I dodge it and I punch him in the nose, causing it to bleed. He charges for me and holds me in a choke hold but I manage to peel one arm off me and elbow him on his side which causes his grip on me to losen. He kicks me in the thigh and man did that hurt like a ma'fucker. I stumbled a little and he saw this as an opportunity but before he could do anything else, I speared him to the ground knocking the wind out of him. I punched him until he was unconscious for a little bit.

I get up celebrating my victory and the crowd is going wild. My jaw still hurt though.

Damn he throws a mean punch.

They announce me as the winner and I won't lie, I feel proud of myself. Too bad the fight had to end so quickly, he had good skills but I was just slightly better.

I look over to him and he is in a sitting position, I throw the towel Jones gave me at him and he's eyes drift up at mine. We were only inches apart but he could only see my eyes nose and lips.

I get out of the ring and go back to my dressing room with a smile on my face. I take a shower and change into new clothes, pack up my bag and quietly go out of the room making sure nobody sees me as I don't have my mask on anymore. I make it to Randy's office and I don't bother knocking.

Kinda comes with the benefits of winning a huge match

"There's the star of the night. Come let's celebrate." He says handing me a glass of whiskey but I decline it.

"Sorry I don't drink." I say my face scrunched up in disgust.

"Very well. I'm assuming you want to head home so here's your money for the night." He hands me an envelope and I spill the contents out in front of him.

I count the money and oh my gosh, "Ten thousand dollars?" I say my eyes wide.

"Yes, you earned it. And if you keep up the job, there will be a lot more of where that came from." He says taking a seat behind his desk

"Thanks, well I gotta leave. See ya."

"Until next fight."

I pull my hoodie over my head and sneak out of the building, careful not to draw any attention to myself.

I wouldn't want to beat up a trouble maker now would I...