Chapter 36

Skylar's POV

I stand in front of the mirror in my small dressing room wondering for how long I can keep my identity hidden. It's only a matter of time until more people find out and that could potentially change my whole life.

I grab the bandage off the small table and wrap my hands taking glances at myself as I do so.

I'm my own creep.

"Are you ready?" Vince shouts from the other side of the door with a small knock

I take in a deep breath, "yeah, come on in." I say as I turn away from the mirror and face the door.

Vince walks in and I see Jones at the door too. Jones doesn't come in but he gives me a nod before closing the door. I don't know what comes over me but I find myself hugging and holding onto Vince as tight as I can.

"I'm scared." I blurt out

"There's nothing to be scared about short stuff and if there is, Randy, Jones and I are always here to protect you." He assures me as while hugging me back. I nod my head and let go of him

I have an unsettling feeling in my stomach that I can't seem to get rid of. It's not nerves, I have never been nervous for a fight before so it can't be. I silently pray for everything to go smoothly tonight.

I am introduced out and I meet my opponent whom I don't recognize because I never fight the same people twice. Randy says unless they are paying double what they initially offered, it's a waste of our time and theirs. 'We need real competition' he always says.

Yeah, until I end up in a body bag.

I look briefly into the crowd and I see my friends right where I left them. Gabby fiddles with her hands, Kendrick has a stern look on his face and the rest are shouting and applauding.

The fight begins and my focus is back on my opponent. We begin squaring up and he makes the first move by landing a kick onto my left thigh. That hurt like hell but I don't flinch. I go in with a right hand jab but he moves his head to his right resulting in a left blow from me causing him to stumble back.

What's predictable move

"Protect your face mister." I taunt

He charges for me and before he can get close, I kick him in the stomach temporarily knocking the wind out of him. I'm getting bored of this fight already so I take that opportunity to kick him on the side of his face making sure he falls to the floor before I land another kick on his face and abdomen. I get down and punch him three times, knocking him out.

"Told you to protect your face." I say

I get up and walk to the other side of the ring waiting for them to announce me as the winner before I go back to my dressing room.

As soon as they do, I don't waste another second as I make it to my dressing room. I quickly remove my annoying mask and throw it onto the couch in the corner of the room. The nauseous feeling pondering at the pit of my stomach as I make my way into the bathroom hoping to throw up but nothing comes. I splash cold water on my face
and look at my reflection in the mirror above the sink.

"What's wrong with me?" I ask myself out loud. Am I pregnant? No that can't be unless Jesus wants another return through some other virgin.