5.2

Spencer can feel Morgan's grip tighten around his hand while his uncle speaks about his father at the funeral. Rossi is sitting at his right his eyes on the casket. JJ has a hand on Morgan's thigh, keeping him from speaking up against the man that is about to get buried.

The rest of the team stands further in the back, Hotch's eyes scanning the people attending, his arms crossed in front of his chest, Emily looks like he is about to roll her eyes while Garcia is splitted between feeling sorry for the people's loss and being touched by the speeches and knowing what this man did to Spencer.

Rossi worried eyes him when he twitches his head multiple times and then stamps on the ground until Rossi presses his leg down by his knee providing a barrier he can press against for pressure.

Spencer was suppose to speak too, but after this morning they quickly threw that idea away.

"Mom" He suddenly says and Morgan's head snaps up looking at him. "Mom" He points over to a women walking with another women over to the ceremony. "Mom"

"You can go over to your mom later."

"Mom" Over the last few months in which Rossi mostly shared a room with him he often had to hear him cry out for her. Screaming the words while he is being haunted by a nightmare.

He told them a few weeks back, with a very quiet words that he wants to see his mom again too when Emily told them about a dinner with hers.

"Mom"

"Kid it's okay" Rossi presses his hand down more. Diana should have been her earlier but there was a problem with the nurse that was supposed to accompany her. "You can go over when the service is over."

"Mom" He says again pointing at her.

"Yes, that's your mom." Morgan assured him. "She is going to sit down over there and then you can go to her later."

"Mom" He says again now with tears in his eyes. "Mom"

"Okay come on." JJ gets up and holds her hand out for him to grab it, she is the only person he became closer with instead of more distant over the last months, in the end she was the only one allowed to touch him. "We will sit with her over there."

"Mom"

"Yes, I am gonna come with you okay?" She ignores how all the eyes are on them right now. He nods with a faint smile, grabbing two of her fingers and walking behind her over to his mother who closes him into a tight hug and then he let's go and points at her again,while facing JJ.

"Mom"

"I know, but we have to sit down now and be quiet again. You can introduce us all afternoon."

"Mom" He doesn't let go of his mom's wrists and sits down in an empty seat dragging her down with her while JJ and the nurse take a step back and his uncle continues with the speech.

"You see that guy over there?" Emily asks Hotch pointing with her eyes near a tree, he stands with others but far behind, his eyes fixated on Morgan not on the casket or the man speaking.

"Yes"

"This service creeps me out, I don't want to know who knew and who was not knowing what was going on." She says scanning the people again. "I don't think his family knew, but look at the two guys over there, they must have."

"If one more person looks at Spencer like that, I am gonna kill them." Morgan whispers having moved to the seat next to Rossi.

"Don't make a scene. This isn't about you. Keep it together we are here for Spencer."

"How does this not get to you?"

"If you really think that than you haven't paid any attention. I got Spencer out of here with Gideon and then I turned around when I saw him walking right back in."

They watch Spencer,scanning the man next to him, anxious looking up and down they don't know who he is, and it looks like Spencer doesn't either so eventually he scoops closer to his mother who puts an arm around him, moving her hand up and down on his arm.

And Morgan wonders if it would be better for Spencer if he was closer to her. If the distance would be shorter and if he got to see her more often.

They had flew down here once with Gideon, pretty early in their relationship after Spencer had begged for it for weeks to see her again and even Gideon wasn't immune against his puppy eyes and it was only for one and half a day that he could see her but he was thrilled,playing chess and cards with her, looking like a whole another person.

Gideon had put into consideration moving her to a care facility near Washington but never went through with it.

They watch him say something to his mom and she presses a kiss into his hair.

And with the hands of a mother she keeps him calm during the whole thing and he let's her go with the promise of Morgan that they will visit her tomorrow again.

"Mom" He says again on their way back to the house. Morgan driving while Emily sits in the back seat with Spencer.

"We are gonna visit her tomorrow. You heard was Mrs Scott said, this was a lot for her but tomorrow we can step by in the morning and you can spend time with her till we fly back home." Morgan promises again.

When they flew back after visiting her with Gideon he broke his heart with the way he was crying the whole ride over to the airport. Just tears running down his cheek while he sniffles from time to time. Gideon needed a lot of emotional strength getting him to bed that day, he kept on repeating how he misses her already and how he wants to see her again.

"Mom" He says again tapping on the little program he holds in his hand from the funeral.

"Your mom is fine, she is back with her friends." Emily assured him but he shakes his head.

"Mom"

"Can you try to explain it more?"

"Mom." He taps again on the picture of his Dad. "Mom"

"Can you write it down for me?" Spencer nods and Emily reaches to grab the notebook sticking out of his pocket.

He loves his new jacket and eventhough it wasn't really funeral appropriate he wore it today. It's held in olive green and the thing that makes him love it are the pockets that are deep enough to fit in a regular book.

"What happens to my mom now that dad is dead?" He reads out loud and Morgan steps in.

"Rossi is paying. It's all taken care of."

"She will be alone." He writes and reads out.

"She has her friends in the nursing home, I don't think your father visited her much over the last years anyway."

"She will be alone."