9.8

"One more night." Rossi whispers while sitting on the edge of Spencer's bed, his hand laying on Spencer's "One more night and you will get married."

"In 24 hours, I already will be."

"Exactly." Rossi looks around the room for a moment. Spencer's suit is hanging at the closet, the desk in the room filled with things for tomorrow, the bathroom stocked with everything JJ will need to do his hair with him, the nightstand drawer containing the condoms and lube Spencer had slipped in there. "Derek is the luckiest man in the world."

"I am"

"He is getting married to my son." This makes Spencer giggle again after their evening had seemed like everything but laughter.

Like the tradition it says, both had planned to spend their last night before their wedding in different beds and so come that Spencer and Derek decided that Derek would sleep at their home and Spencer at Rossi's, where they will also be staying tomorrow night but when Derek dropped him off he was already hesitant and rather stayed close to Derek than trusting the others but he let him go eventually after a lot of kisses and then set down in the kitchen with Rossi and more and more people walked in and out, doing last minute decorations or asking him final things he had over and over again procrastinated to answer and then he found out that there is a problem with the food and that there was a communication mistake in the dress colour from Garcia, which all lead to Spencer kneeling on the living room floor, sobbing, claiming that he doesn't want to marry any more.

"Oh honey you don't mean that." Fran had tried to comfort him, she had just been stepping by to check if everything will work out on their big day tomorrow.

"I don't want to anymore."

"You do, it's okay."

"No, please, I don't want to get married anymore." Worried she had taken his hands into hers, "I am sorry"

"Sweetheart, one night before I married Hank, I cried just like you. I was a mess, I thought my whole wedding was going to be ruined and that everything would go wrong and I thought if you already feel like this, what is your marriage going to be like but I never, never after I said yes regretted my decision and even when he died and I was left alone raising three children while trying to carry my grief, I did not regret falling in love with that man."

"My mom always says you are lucky you have a gun or she wouldn't let you get away with most of the things you say." Spencer tells Rossi in response to him calling Spencer his son.

"I am more than lucky she doesn't have one then."

"You will be nice to her tomorrow right?"

"Always."

"She hates you"

"I know."

"This is WIll. He is going to pick you up on Saturday okay?" Anxiously Spencer had introduced Will to his mom two days ago. "He is JJ's husband."

"I know who he is." Diana had waved her son off, "You have an adorable son, Sir."

"Thank you, Mrs Reid."

"You can call me Diana."

"Thank you."

"At least some of your friends dare to show up here." She had complained, "Have you met that Rossi guy? Does nothing but wave money in front of Spencer's face."

"Mom!" Spencer had hissed, being embarrassed by her in front of Will. He hadn't liked the idea of Will driving her from the beginning but he was the only one not tied in anywhere else.