7.3

"Officer Brooks we spoke on the phone-" Derek ignores him and walks past him to Spencer who is sitting on the ground, rocking back and forth.

"Baby,hey look at me." He shoves his hands between Spencer's arms and pushes his head up checking his face for injuries.

"A resident called, saying his dog barked for quite a while so he left the house to check what's going on, found them and called us." The female officer explains holding the dog while a paramedic is standing next to her. "He told Mr. Jensen to call you with his cards." The women holds up Spencer's keychain that besides the keys contains a number of cards he can use in case he goes non verbal.

"I am sorry for the inconvenience." Derek states and gets up from the ground.

"That's what we are here for."

"He won't need medical attention." He assures the medic and they drive off first while the officers take Derek's information and check his credentials.

"He works for the FBI too?" Officer Brooks asks sceptical.

"Yes, youngest male agent that ever worked at the BAU." Derek tells him with an annoyed tone in his voice. "Again thank you."

He waits for them to drive off before getting into his car were Spencer is sitting on the passenger seat, tears still running down his face. "It's not like it's not your own fault. You knew this would happen."

"Sorry"

"It's to late now."

"Clooney - out"

"We have a backyard for that." He pulls out on the street. "What were you thinking?"

"Asked"

"What?"

"Asked." And then he points at him. "Asked"

He ignores him for the rest of the ride and Spencer forces himself to sit as still as possible but it is not really working and every now and then a small whimper will escape his throat.

"Come here." Derek holds his hand out for Spencer to get out of the car but afraid of what he will do he doesn't take it and keeps them pressed under his upper arms against his body.

"Why would you do that?" His boyfriend starts yelling when they close the door to the house behind them. "How could you be this stupid? It's late, you never even walked him alone this far at daylight how and in what scenario did you think this was a good idea?"

"Asked"

"Who?" Again he points at Morgan. "Yeah I am sure you did."

"Asked!" He says again and pushes his finger against Derek's chest who grabs the younger man's wrist.

"Don't lie to me." Derek looks Spencer directly into his face making his eyes run around the room to find something else to look at instead of his boyfriend's angry face. "This is exactly the type of shit that will get you fired eventually. Maybe Hotch wasn't all to erger with saving us an offers which allows us to stay here. You are just giving me more and more reasons to take it. You are nothing but irresponsible."

"Asked" Spencer repeats. "Asked"

"Stop lying. You know what? Get your ass up to the bathroom and then get into bed, I don't want to see you right now." Derek let's go of him and steps aside revealing the stairs. "Go!"

'I am sorry' He signs.

"I know, but I am sorry wouldn't have brought Clooney back if he had run off either or something worse had happened to you two."