6.8

"Please come here" Hotch had heard Haley  begging that night years back. "It's okay, I promise."

"No"

"Please Spencer I promise you I am alone"

"Hotch wouldn't let you come alone." Spencer, standing near a river in a park in the middle of the city, gives back.

If he jumps he won't drown if he can swim but they aren't sure that he even can and the slick if he walks in will pull him down if they aren't fast enough and all in all they know that if they make the wrong move he will find a way to go or to fight them.

They had been looking for him all night after Gideon had called Hotch panicking saying Spencer is gone and then called the others.

Hotch remembers how he met Gideon at their apartment complex that evening, the normally so calm man had lost all of his calmness, all of his rationality.

He had yelled at JJ when she asked if there is maybe the possibility that Spencer is okay and will come back in a few and Hotch remembers how he had taken over sending JJ to Spencer's favourite library and Derek to search the park behind the apartment complex and then rushed back into the car, were Haley was still waiting for him after he had gotten a call during dinner.

Hotch thinks back to how sorry he felt for ruining another evening with his job when his phone first rang but then felt his heart race when he heard Gideon speaking like this.

"You are right." The man had stepped in. "She isn't alone."

"Don't come closer!"

"I won't."

"Don't shot me!"

"I would never shot you Spencer." Hotch had promised, his gun is still in its holster. "What happened with Gideon?"

"Leave me alone!"

"Spencer honey, you are freezing, it is dark out here please come over to us."

"No, you will take me away."

"Were would we take you?" Hotch asked.

"Away"

"From Gideon?"

"No away!"

"Were is away? What is away?" He pushed  again slowly stepping closer to the river and his wife. "Spencer look at me, tell me what away means."

"Away from you"

"Away from me?"

"From everyone."

"Why do you think we would do that?"

"You are- because you are Gideon's friend."

"What did you and Gideon fight about? What means away from everyone?"

"He took me away."

"He took you away?" Hotch asked with a firm voice and he remembers how he in the moment recognised how he talks to Unsubs in the same way and promised himself, back then,to never talk to him like this again.

That Spencer isn't an Unsub. That what he does and how he thinks is not comparable, that he, as he stood there at the river, was not doing to harm anyone. Or because he harmed anyone in the past.

"Yes"

"From who?"

"From my mom"

"Your mom?"

"Yes" In Spencer's voice they could hear how he was crying. How he was trembling from the cold and emotions.

"If you come over to us we can talk about that. We can talk about why Gideon did that."