7.6

Derek starts reading out Spencer's book, his boyfriend pressed to his chest in the small hospital bed.

He will have to stay for a couple more hours so they can make sure he is stable, Rossi and Garcia are waiting in the waiting area, Spencer playing nervously with Derek's watch and eventually he looks up to him a couple of time but doesn't say anything until Morgan stops and asks him what is wrong.

"Mad?"

"No" Sceptical Spencer eyes him. "I promise"

"Sorry" He says tapping on his own chest.

"It's okay, it can happen." Morgan leans down kissing him on the cheek. "I love you"

"Home?"

"Soon"

"You"

"What?" Spencer taps Morgan's chest. "Oh yeah with me. Of course with me."

There is a lot of pride tugging at his heart when Spencer calmly walks out of the hospital with him, his ears covered with his hands but apart from that just orienting himself at Morgan's doing.

"We got you your car from the mall" Rossi announces handing Derek his keys back.

"Thanks, does Hotch already know what happened?"

"Of course he won't be expecting you today"

"If there is a case, call me."

"Then you will sit this one out with him."

"No"

"Yes-"

"Then you have three agent and a trainee for a case, I don't think Strauss would appreciate that. You call us." The drive home is quiet as well as the quick shower Spencer takes with Derek not daring to leave him out of sight but when he is cuddled in their bed, a tablet filled with cookies and crackers and even fruit in front of him he excitingly flaps his hands and Morgan comes to the assumption that Spencer's not eating does not have anything to do with his body image.

"You too?"

"Of course" Derek slips into bed next to him, grabbing a cracker.

"Can we change the sheets after this, it will itch."

"I will do that, no problem."

"Great" Only now Spencer starts eating and he does it eagerly, eating the strawberries first then washing his hands and starting with the crackers, drinking his water and then eating a cookie and sandwich. "This tastes great"

"Is there a chance you may have forgot to eat over the last days? Not on purpose just that it slipped you mind or that you weren't hungry?"

"I don't like eating without you. It doesn't make sense to me to eat when you aren't there. I often don't feel hungry and eating alone just feels like a waist of time."

"You can't skip eating just because I do. I eat in between you often don't."

"I didn't do this to hurt me I promise"

"I know" Morgan rubs his hand up and down Spencer's back. "I will take my time to eat with you again it's okay."

"Sorry"

"No, don't be"

Derek can feel himself sinking into the quiet peace. Spencer cuddled in his arms, fast asleep while he just woke up from a nap, just burying his nose in Spencer's hair and moving his hand over his chest and Spencer pushes himself tighter against him.

The first time they cuddled like this, Derek had stayed over at his after Gideon left and Spencer had lifted the blanket up and tapped on the mattress.