4

Three years ago

Bucky was surprised when Sam texted him that you were pregnant, Bucky was in a business meeting, he blinked a few times, the people around him looked at him, in fear and confusion, they were probably thinking that he was going to kill one of them, he took a deep breath, "Continue, with what you are saying,"

A few months later he received a picture of you walking out of the hospital with a car seat and one of your friends, Bucky replied with 'What is the gender?'

'I think it's a girl.'

Present

You walked hand in hand with your daughter unaware of who was following you in a car, you walked to the diner, you sat at stools in the front, "Hey Wand, two plates of pancakes please."

The brunette smiled, "Coming right up."

"Mommy?" you turned to your daughter, "I-I've been wondering, um...uhh other kids in my um, class," Brooklyn, your daughter, goes to daycare, "Have a daddy, and um do I have a daddy?"

"Brook, um, everyone has a daddy," you said as you combed some of her long hair out of her face.

"Wheres my daddy?" she asked.

"Your daddy is," You looked away for a second.

"Right here." you heard a voice that you hadn't heard in three years.

Threw out the past two years, Sam sent Bucky, pictures of you and...his daughter, go to a specific diner almost every day, so a random day Bucky decided that today he was going to see you and his daughter.

"Bucky," you said under your breath.

"Y/n," he nodded looking at you, then he turned his attention to the little girl, "And you are?"

"Brooklyn," she smiled.

"Bucky, Wh-What are you doing here?" you asked.

He looked at you, "I right to be here because for my understanding she is also my daughter."

Wanda walked up, and dropped a plate you and Bucky looked up at her, "Um Wanda take Brooklyn for me."

"Come on Brook," Wanda led her away.

"Let's talk outside," you told Bucky, you both walked out of the diner, "Yes you have a right to be here, but Bucky it's been three years, three years of you not being here for there for crying at 3 in the morning, not paying money for us, and I do take a big part in choosing you not to be there because I told you I was leaving, and I should have figured out a long time ago you were having someone follow me, who is it, Thor? Sam? Clint?"

"Y/n I love you, I miss you, and I'm sorry I was horrible that night to do that to you, and it's Sam," Bucky told you.

"Bucky, we fought a lot, back then, because let's admit it I was irresponsible and you're a dick sometimes, and way too overprotective," You said matter a factly.

"I'm only protective because I love you," Bucky cupped your cheek, you pulled away, "I wanna make this work...again I really do, I know that I don't know Brooklyn that well, but she's my daughter and your the love of my life."

"Don't do that, don't use Brooklyn against me," You shook your head, "Don't Use Our Love Against Me!" Tears welled in your eyes, "Bucky your just going to hurt Brooklyn, your job isn't safe for Brooklyn."

He put his hands on his hips, "Tell me one time you've ever been hurt because of my job because on my list it's none, you know why because I'm the most feared mob boss in all of New York."

"Bucky," you sigh.

"Y/n you of all people know I'm not lying," he tells you.

The door opened, "Mommy I wanna go home, I tired." Brooklyn ran up to you, you picked her up, she burrowed her face into your shoulder.

"We will soon, baby," you rubbed your hand down her back to sooth her, you turned to Bucky, "Bucky I can't do this here with her."

"Let me take you to your apartment, we can talk there, while she naps," Bucky offered.

You shook your head, "No, Bucky, I choose to leave, you aren't coming in now and saving the day."

"Y/n please I just wanna take care of you, I love you," he said.

"I can't do that to her, Bucky I can't tell her all of her life that she doesn't have another parent, and then out of no where a man comes in and say it's her dad." you tell him.

"I am her dad, and I have a right to be here," his anger was slowly rising.

"We will talk another time, about this, about us, I gotta get her home." you walk away form Bucky.