Chapter 6 The Ghost Engine

"I can't believe you farted, and you didn't know" Daniel said giggling. Thomas looked over at him annoyed. "Bother, we're still talking about that?" He said. "Hey, it was really funny!"

Daniel was sitting on the couch next to Thomas. He knew he had to go to bed. He knew that Sean was probably already asleep in the spare room of the Erikson's house, since he did not see Sean come out the bathroom. "Hey, where is your brother by the way?" Thomas asked. "He's probably already asleep."

"S-Shouldn't you be asleep to then?" Thomas asked. "Yeah, but I don't feel sleepy-" Daniel said as he yawned. Thomas softly smiled. "That yawn says otherwise."

"I'm honest! I'm not sleepy... I... I really wanna know more about you" Daniel said. "More... about me?" Thomas asked, looking surprised. Daniel nodded. "It's so cool how you're a steam engine! What do you do as one? Like, what kind of train jobs do you do?"

Daniel honestly wanted to to ask Thomas many things. "O-Oh.. well... I run a branch line." Thomas said.

"Cool!' Daniel said smiling big. "Chris told be about those. What else do you do?"

"Well, when I'm not running my branch line, I do daily jobs. Either it's to take freight from Victors Town over to Welsworth, or taking more freight from Brendam to some far part in the Island."

"Woah that's so co- wait... Island?" Daniel asked. "Oh right, yeah. I live on an Island. The Island of Sodor. It's a small sized island that's set in the ocean in the middle of England and Isle Of Man."

"Woah! Of course! You're a British engine. The E2 class!"

Thomas nodded. He could see Daniel was really excited. "I'm guessing you love trains" Thomas said as he looked over at the model table. Daniel nodded. "If it wasn't for my best friend Chris, I probably wouldn't have any interest of them."

"I don't think Sodor is here" Daniel said. "I wouldn't question you with that one. Sodor wasn't in Shining Time either. Even though, it seems your world is a split copy of mine. Just without our one island, Sodor, and without the talking sentient locomotives"

"Is it a little boring though?" Daniel asked. "Hm? Boring? Sodor?"

"No... just being able to movie forwards and backwards?" Daniel asked. Thomas thought. "Well, this is the first time I've been able to move in all directions.... It... feels really different... but wow... do I miss my rails" Thomas said. Daniel chuckled. "I guess it isn't so bad then."

"I used to be so jealous of Terrence and Harold... but now I know better." Thomas said. Daniel wondered what Thomas meant. "Terrence and Harold? Who are they?"

"Oh, just a tractor and a helicopter."

Daniel looked over at his friend surprised. "Woah!? Really? Other vehicles are sentient in your world?"

"You bet! There's a lot. But.... weirdly enough, there's some that aren't alive... like Sir Topham Hatt's car...." Thomas said, staring off into the distance. "S-Sir... who now?"

"Huh? Oh. He's this man who had bought the railway" Thomas said. Daniel fixed himself on the couch, and scooted closer to Thomas. "Is.. he a human? You said man." He asked. Thomas nodded. "Yes. He bought the island long ago, and built a railway there, called the North Western Railway." Thomas said. "Huh... that's really cool!"

Thomas smiled. "We need humans to help control us. We can actually move ourselves, but we need help to get coal and water. But drivers don't let us really move ourselves anymore." Thomas said "It's mostly my fault" He added with his face getting red. "Huh? What did you do?"

"I... wanted to prove myself... I wanted to show everyone that I could of start on my own. I flipped my reverser to 'forward' and turned my breaks off. I started to move, but I couldn't move my breaks. They where stuck"