Chapter 10 Junkyard

Thomas was chugging fast down the tracks. His pistons pumped like never before.

Thomas's pistons are underneath him, and they where in pain. His axels ached, his pistons ached, and his poor blue wheels where in pain. He hasn't used them in such a long time. It was like when a human hasn't moved a single limb in a good while, and then they all of a sudden start to move, and their muscles ache. But Thomas pressed on. He knew he had to help Daniel. They raced trough the main line, passing by houses and other buildings. Daniel didn't even care of anyone was even there to see a steam locomotive with a face. He had to find his family. As Thomas was chugging down the track, Daniel pulled the whistle cord as they where coming up to crossings.

"Peep! Peep!"  Thomas's high pitched whistle echoed through the air, as he rocketed down the tracks.

"Do you think we'll find them Thomas?" Daniel asked, really worried. "Don't worry Daniel, we will"

They passed by more houses, as they entered a wooded area along the tracks. They kept going. "Do you still feel that presence of it?" Thomas called out to Daniel. "Yes, yes I do"

Daniel could feel as if they where getting closer. And they where.

As Thomas entered a area that has a huge junkyard to the left of him. "Cinders and ashes!" Thomas yelled as he saw it. "It's a scrapyard!" Thomas felt scared as he saw all the ruined cars, old machine parts. He could of sworn he even saw an old diesel engine, that was nothing but scrap. But, Daniel felt the presence stronger. "Break Thomas!"

"What?! I don't wanna stop here!" Thomas yelled. "Thomas, I think that dark guy is here!"

Daniel grabbed the break lever, and pulled it down.

scrrEEEECHHHHHHHHHHHHHH -

Thomas's break slammed down, but the problem is, is that it's not really that good for an engine, for you to turn the entire break at once unless it's an emergency. Turning all at once, is called the "emergency break"

Sometimes it can be bad for the wheels and the breaks. Thomas came to a quick halt, followed by a gash off steam erupting out of his steam cocks. "Flatten my funnel, that screech didn't sound good-" Thomas said once he had stopped. Thomas looked to the left, and the right... then back to the left at the junkyard... or the scrapyard as they call it in his country.

Daniel had nearly fallen by Thomas's sudden stopping. "Geez, what happened?"

"You should never break a train like that, unless it's an emergency!" Thomas said. "But this is an emergency Thomas! I can feel the presence of that dark figure! I think it's here!"

Thomas looked at the junkyard, but there was nothing. Only junk and scrap. Daniel looked at it too. Even he didn't see anything. "I know it's here.... I can feel it..." Daniel said. The gauges in Thomas's cab, when higher and higher, until-

Thomas let off some steam, and the gauges went down. "I'm gonna walk over there" Daniel said. Thomas gasped. "What? No! If that thing really is here, he's to dangerous!"

But Daniel wasn't listening to Thomas, and was already stepping down his side steps. "Don't worry Thomas, I have powers remember?"