Chapter 14 Tidmouth Sheds

Thomas and Daniel where both on the main line. Thomas was on the middle track, and Daniel was on the track right of him. There was another track, on the left off Thomas.

Thomas was teaching Daniel, how to move, in a proper manner. "Ok...that's it... one pistons movement after another...."

Daniel did so. "It's like... a bicycle..." He said, as one piston moved after another.

Thomas smiled. "Your doing good. And remember, blow your whistle at each level crossing" Thomas said. "I know that Thomas"

Then, Daniel yanked his whistle cord, and then hollow "Choooooo!" Sound played. Thomas chuckled. "That sounds like an American whistle. What's your train brand again?"

"I think Victor said it was N de T? Apparently, it's a Mexican tank engine." Daniel said, while he smiled at his friend. "Wow... Mexico? I never been their before...what's it like? I always wanted to see the world."

"It's a really beautiful place! Me.. me and Sean where trying one time to get their. Back to my father's home town there, Puerto Lobos." Daniel said, looking down, as he was now thinking of Sean, and his father. "P-Purte...p..." Thomas was having a really hard time pronouncing the name. Daniel couldn't help but giggle. "Puerto Lobos" He repeated to Thomas.

Thomas tried again, but failed to actually say it, and Daniel started to laugh at him. "Hey, don't laugh at me... I'm sure I can say it-"

So, he tried again. And he did manage to say it.

He gasped. "Hey! I did it! I said the na-" He looked at Daniel, and saw that was laughing. Even more than before. "W-what is it?"

"Your accent! Your accent made it sound so weird" Daniel laughed. Thomas pouted, and scoffed. "Well... at least I tried-" He said.

Daniel sorted. "I never said you didn't-"

Thomas looked over at him annoyed. "You're lucky I'm not on that track, I'd bump you" Thomas said with a playful voice. Daniel giggled.

***

"So, Thomas, where are we going?" Daniel asked. It was now getting really dark, and Daniel was getting tried. "You engines sleep right?" Daniel asked. "Of course we do, and that's why I'm taking you to Tidmoth Sheds. It's where we sleep."

"Will... I be able to fit? I'm sure it's full isn't it?" Daniel asked. "Yes... it's always full. But, I'm sure there is enough from for you to be behind me in the shed... or.. you be behind me in the shed" Thomas said.

Daniel was honestly really excited about all of this, even though, deep down, he really had to get back home, to see what he needed to do, to get his family back. "You think you got the basics down packed?" Thomas asked. Daniel bobbed up and down. "Yeah, I think so... I'm running pretty smoothly now right?" Daniel asked.

"I'd say, really smoothly." Thomas said with smile.

Ching!

"Daniel, look out! Red signal!"

Daniel looked up, and saw the semaphore was changed to red. He quickly applied his breaks, and stopped just before the signal.

Thomas rolled up next to him, and chuckled. "Well... almost smoothly." He said. Daniel smiled and chuckled. "Oh har har"

***

They where on their way to the sheds. Both of the engines traveled down the main line, passing by closed stations, and quite towns. But as Daniel was chugging, he got that pain deep in his boiler again.

"A-ah... ow..." He said quietly, but Thomas heard it. "Huh? A-are you ok?"

Daniel decided to tell him. "No... there's been this pain.. in my boiler.. I think"