Chapter 12 N de T

There was nothing Daniel could of done. He tried to reverse, but the two tender engines couldn't stop, and slammed right into Daniel, throwing him right off the track. Daniel bounced off the track, then toppled over, and slammed onto his side, and his right buffer, went flying off.

"Flatten mah funnel! urr ye a'richt laddie!?" The engine with the number "9" yelled. Daniel wasn't in pain, but he was lying on his side, and could bearly see the engine who was talking to him. And he didn't understand a single word he said. "U-uh... what did you say?"

"Ah said, urr ye a'richt?"

"Uh..." Daniel said confused. "Douglas, he doesn't ken a single word a'm saying" The engine said "Likelie fur yer voice soonds peely-wally. Ah tellt ye tae git that checked oot." The other said, sounding like he was teasing his friend. "Whit urr ye talking aboot? ah'ament sick!"

"Juist hear his voice, he isnae fae 'ere. He likelie isnae even fae th' mainland" The engine behind the first one said.

Daniel kind of did understand, but only a little. "Are... you two from Ireland or something?"

"Ireland? IRELAND?! we ur scots engines laddie!"

"Scots? Oh! Scottish! Oh!... ok... I'm... I need help-" Daniel said. The two engines rolled forward. "We micht be able tae hulp wi' that. Luckily fur ye, we hae this-" The two engines where hauling something, what looked like crane. Daniel gasped. "A break down crane!"

"It seems ye hae a goosed buffer. We'll haul ye ower tae th' steamworks, if that's a'richt. It'll be wise fur ye tae be checked ower." The engine with number "9" said. "Steamworks? Isn't that something like a workshop for engines?" Daniel asked as two people came out of the engines cab, to put the crane hooks on Daniel. "Aye. Victor thare wull fix ye richt up!"

Daniel got hoisted up onto the flatbed. The crane gently sat him down, and the two people helped to fasten him to the flat bed.

As soon as Daniel was secured on the flat bed, the two engines blew their whistles, and started.

***

The ride took a while, but they finally reached to the steam works. As they entered trough the gates, Daniel could see fresh new metal parts, wheels, funnels, whistles, all over the place. "Wow..." Daniel said amazed looking around. "This... is so cool-"

The engines steamed into a building. The tracks entered into it, and there was a small turn table. "Wow..." Daniel said. "Hello, Victor! We hae an engine wha needs fixing!" Number 9 said. "We didnae crash intae him... Or anythin'-" Number 10 said. "Donald and Douglas? Is that you?" A voice called out. "How did ye ken 'twas us?"

The voice chuckled. "Because you're the only engines here, that are from Scotland."

Just then, a small engine, puffed around a curve, and stopped at some buffers, that was placed right at the end of the turn table.

'Why the heck is there a buffer in front of a turn table?'

"You set him down on the track here. We'll fix him right up" The engine said. Daniel had gotten hoisted up once again, and sat down on the track. Donald and Douglas blew into thier whistle. "Git weel soon laddie! cannae bade 'n' blether, we git joabs tae dae" Donald said, and Douglas blew his whistle, and they both puffed away, going backwards. "Awright stoap shunting me tae hard! ye bloody eejit" one of them yelled at the other.