Chapter 18 Troublesome Trucks

"AHHHH! I WANNA STOP!" Daniel screeched as he flew down the line. Daniel tried to use his powers, but with how everything was scaring him, he ended up blowing up the track next to him. "Shit!" Daniel yelled.

"Faster! Faster!" The trucks yelled.

Daniel flew down the hill, coming up to a curve. Daniel felt himself tilt on the tracks as he flew around the bend. He was terrified as he felt himself tilt on the rails. "Oh shit! James HELP ME!" Thankfully, he didn't fall off. His weight pulled him back down to the rails as he turned the bend.

James was puffing down the lines behind him. "Points! Hurry!" He yelled to the station master, as he blew into his whistle. Daniel flew by a station. He blew long and hard into his whistle, to warn the people that he couldn't stop.

Chooo! Cho-Cho-Chooooo! ChoooOOOOO!

Daniel steamed right past the people, probably going at 100 miles per hour. People's hats went flying off of their heads as Daniel wooshed past everyone. "Hurry James!" Daniel yelled. "I'm coming!" James was on the track next to Daniel. He quickly chuffed up next to Daniel, going at the same speed. "What are you doing on that line?!" Daniel yelled. "You'll see!" James said.

James's fireman got out of James's cab, and walked along side James's boiler, up to his front buffers. "Careful fireman" James said. His fireman was carrying a rope. Once he reached to James's front, he lassoed the rope to try and see if it could of attach to Daniel's left buffer. But he missed. "Come on!" He yelled. "Try again!" James said. The fireman tried again, and trew the rope.

"Got em!" He exclaimed. He quickly tighten it to James's buffer. "Now James!"

James jammed his breaks, and screeched along the track, slowing down, while also slowing Daniel down. "Woah! It's working!" Daniel gasped. With more effort at breaking, both James and Daniel came to a halt.

"Bust my buffers, we did it" James said as he wheeshed in relief. Daniel did the same, and the surrounding area was covered in steam. "Wow....Now I know what that workman meant."

Daniel could hear the trucks giggling, and copying what he was saying, laughing.

Daniel was furious. The trucks nearly killed him.

And Daniel let them know.

Daniel revered, and slammed his buffers into their. "You thought that was FUNNY?! Huh? You could of killed ME! What in the actual FUCK is wrong with you?!"

The trucks where surprised. And so was James. "I'm a human! I could of died!" Daniel shunted them again, and the trucks yelled. "Oh, you don't like that! Do you!? You don't like the taste of your own medicine huh?!"

But Daniel's rage was getting the best of him. And he couldn't control his power. His power activated, and threw the trucks off the track, and the coal and the trucks went flying into the air.

James stared at the trucks going up into the sky. Then he looked back at Daniel.

Daniel was shocked. He didn't mean to do that. "Oh.... crap! Cronk's coal!"

Now there was nothing to bring to Cronk. All of that hard work meant nothing. "Damn it!" Daniel yelled.

"Daniel... what happened?" James asked. Daniel didn't know what to say. "Uh... in my world I have powers. And... it seemed they carried over to my engine form"

'At least that Dark Figure didn't take it all

James stared. He didn't say anything. Daniel knew he was really surprised. "Sorry about the coal-" Daniel said. "N-No it's fine. Hey, accidents happen. And those trucks sure did deserve that" James said. Daniel softly smiled. "Yeah, I guess you're right"

***

Daniel chugged back to Tidmoth Sheds. It was now dark, and he could see Thomas in the sheds. All the other engines where in there asleep, except Thomas. "Daniel!?" He exclaimed once he saw him. "Hey Tom-" Daniel said once he went onto the turntable. "You where gone for such a long time, you alright?"

Daniel yawned. "Yeah, I'm ok Thomas. Just tired-" Daniel said as he slowly puffed backwards into Percy's empty shed once the turntable was done turning.

"You... look  very exhausted-" Thomas said.

"I am..." Daniel said. "I don't think.. I... my eyes..." Daniel fell asleep literally as soon as he stopped.

Thomas stared at him, then softly smiled. "Goodnight Dan. Sleep well" Thomas said, as he fell asleep, now knowing that Daniel was ok.

*****

It was the next morning, Daniel woke up, feeling refreshed. "Ahh..." He said. "You up Thoma-" Daniel looked over at his friend, only to see him asleep. "Thomas?"

All the other engines where out, but Thomas was still in asleep. "Tom?"

He peeped his whistle. "Wake up Tommy-" Daniel said. "Eh...? *cough!*" Thomas said. The cough didn't sound so great. "Woah, hey, you ok? That cough didn't sound good at all-"

"I... feel stuffed up-... My fire can't start" Thomas said. "Again?"

"Again? What you mean again?" Thomas asked. "Same thing with James yesterday. That's why I had to help him-"

"Oh...*sniff*" Thomas said. "That's who you helped?" Thomas said in a nasally voice

Daniel laughed. "What's so funny?" Thomas asked.

"Your voice just sound funny" Daniel said. "Oh, ha ha" Thomas said rolling his eyes. Daniel smiled. "I probably won't be able to do y first hour of my branch line"

"Well, just like how I helped James, I can help you?"

"Help me? But... you don't know my branch line-" Thomas said. "I know, but I didn't know where Cronk was, and I arrived on time-"

"Hmm..." Thomas said. "You sure?"

Daniel bobbed up and down. "I'll try to be just as good as you Tom,"