Chapter 26 Feelings

Daniel was puffing infront of Chris, and Chris followed him on the track over. "Man, you're actually really fast-" Chris said as he was trying to keep up. Daniel smiled.

Then, Daniel smirked. "Hey, at least I can win any race against you now!"

Chris laughed. "Oh shut up"

They puffed down the mainline, passing the stations, at least the signals where green.

They chugged past Knapford station, and there was Donald and Douglas waiting at a platform, both pulling a passenger service.

They both notice Daniel and Chris passing by. "Hey, Isnae that Daniel?" Donald asked. Douglas looked next to him, on the other platforms. "Eh? ah didnae see a'body, Donny" Douglas said. Donald scoffed at his brother. "O' coorse ye didnae see a'body, fur yer blind as a bat."

Douglas rolled his eyes.

"Either wey, he wis puffing doon th' line wi' someone."

*****

Daniel and Chris both reached Tidmoth Sheds after a couple of minutes of puffing down Sodor's main line. Daniel chugged onto the turntable, and saw Thomas was still in his birth alseep. Chris was right behind him. He tilted a little so he could of seen ahead of his friend. "He looks like he's still sleeping" Chris said. Daniel bobbed up and down. "Yeah, it's still early. His branchline service doesn't start for like another hour."

The turntable turned directly to Thomas's shed, and once it fully stopped, Daniel chuffed forward. "Hey- Thomas?" Daniel called out. Thomas replied back with a snore. He breath in trough his nose, then exhaled trough is whistle. "Thomas? Tommy?" Daniel said.

"He seems to be in a deep sleep or something bro-" Chris said.

Daniel chuckled. "Not for long-"

Daniel took a deep breath, then blew his whsitle as loud as he could.

CHOOOOOO! CH-CHOOOOOOOOoooOOO!

The long hollow sound of Daniel's whistle, didn't just wake up Thomas, but all the engines in the shed.

"CINDERS AND ASHES?!" Thomas screamed, as he jumped and neary bounced off the track.

"AHHH!" Gordon yelled.

"Bust my buffers!" James yelled as he looked around

"Bubbling boilers!" Percy screamed.

"Hm... it's morning already?" Edward said opening his eyes.

Daniel just chuckled sofly, then laughed loudly. Chris laughed as well. "Daniel! Why did you do that?" Thomas asked once he finally got his senses back. Gordon was annoyed. "Oh, the indignity...." He said. "He's been hanging out with you far to long little Thomas... he's turning into you-" Gordon said annoyed. "Hey!" Thomas yelled.

Daniel just chuckled. "Hey, no hard feelings guys, just wanted to check on Thomas that's all"

"Pretty clear there's crush tension happening here." James said. Thomas and Daniel both went red in the face. "Shut up!" They both said. They both went wide eyed, then looked at each other. Edward just smiled softly. "Don't worry guys, I'm he didn't mean anything by it. We gotta get to work soon anyways" Edward said.

"Um... who's that behind you, Daniel?" Gordon asked. Daniel was about to speak, but Chris spoke up instead. "I'm Chris! I'm Daniel's best friend." Chris said.

"Best friend? But I thought Daniel isn't from this world" James said. "Hey, he probably could of made a best friend in the time he's here"

"No, no, he's from my world, me and my family are actually all here with me now" Daniel said. Edward smiled. "Really? So does that mean you can now get back to your world?"

"Not exactly-" Daniel said.

"Right...you still need parts" Percy said. "Hm... maybe if he wasn't as cheeky as Thomas he wouldn't even need new par-"

"Shut it fat face" Thomas said to Gordon.

*****

The sun was rising more higher now, and all the engines went to do thier daily jobs. Thomas was puffing along the tracks, nest to Daniel, and Chris was behind him. "So... uh... what are you gonna do today Dan?" Thomas asked. "I don't know..." Daniel wanted to show Chris around, but that would be kind of dangerous with how many trains are on the lines with tight schedules. Even though Daniel has been here for a while, he still doesn't really understand the semaphores that much, and he sure didn't want him and Chris to be chugging down the line, then have a train infront of them crash. He can't afford to have an accident, and he sure didn't want Chris to be in one either. "I don't know Tommy. Maybe... um... well, is there any way me and Chris can both do a job together?" Daniel asked. Thomas bobbed up and down. "Of course there is. Usually if a load is too heavy, they usually have more than one locomotive to pull it, a double header."

Daniel smiled. "Wait... double header?" He asked. Daniel didn't know that Chris was hearing them talk. "It's basically two engines at the front of a train." He said.

"Hm... Alright! We both can do that then"

Thomas smiled. "Just be careful alright?"

Daniel smiled. "We both will"

Ching!

"Daniel!" Thomas yelled.

Daniel slammed his breaks, but Chris didn't know, and he rammed into Daniel's backside. "OOF!" Chris yelled, as he bounced back on the rails. "Oh, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to bump into your butt" Chris said.

Thomas just sighed. "You need to pay more attention to the semaphores Dan" He said. "Yeah... I know... sorry"

****

All three of them steamed into Knapford Station. The scottish twin engines where there. Donald saw Daniel roll up next to him. In the time they were gone, the two engines had did thier run, and came back. "Daniel?" Donald asked. "Hello! Daniel said to him. The engine smiled. "Ah see that ye git a new mukker" He said.

Daniel and Chris didn't understand a single word he has said. "Um... can you repeat that?"

"Ah said, it seems lik' ye git a new buddy "

"Oh!" Daniel said once he realized what he has said with his scottish accent and words. "He's my best friend, from my world."

"Yer world? th' world thro' th' magic buffers?" Douglas asked.

Daniel bobbed up and down. "Uh huh!"

While Daniel was talking to Donald and Douglas, Thomas was busy fetching Gordon's coaches. He chuffed down the line, backwards, once he had gotten attached to them. Then he brought them to Gordon, then pushed them into Gordon's back buffers. "Ugh! Ow... why did you have to ram them so hard-" Gordon said.

"You're lucky that's all I'm going to ram" Thomas said under his breath, as he reversed. Once he was done with Gordon, he got his two couches Annie and Clarabel, then chugged to the platform on the right of Daniel and Chris.

"Hey Tommy" Daniel said. Thomas smiled at him.

"Tommy?" Donald asked.

"Yeah, I call him that.. it sounds like an cool and cute nickname" Daniel said. Douglas chuckled. "Seems lik' someone haes a wee crush oan wee little thomas"

Thomas's face went red, as he started. "Thomas! The service hasn't started!" Annie yelled. Thomas jammed his breaks. "Oh... R-Right..."

Donald and Douglas chuckled. Thomas looked over at Daniel, who just sofly giggled and smiled at him.

****

After Thomas had left for his branchline service, a workman came over to talk to Daniel. "Daniel! We have a job for you... but it's very heavy.... no offense, but you probably can't handle it. But... we really need an engine-" They said.

Daniel smiled. "None taken... but I got my buddy behind me"

The workman saw Chris. "Are you free?" He asked. Chris smiled. "Yeah! I am"

"Great! You both can be double headers for this heavy train."