Chapter 9 Human To Steam Engine

Daniel raced after the dark figure, but it was faster than him. It was running trough the woods, and Daniel was having a hard time navigating around the trees, by how fast he was running. "This things got more power then I do, why does he want mine?!"

"Daniel be careful!" Thomas yelled, and his head nearly got taken off by a branch. He had to keep on ducking. Daniel lowered Thomas down a little. "Sorry about that Tom."

Daniel ran tight up, to a set of train tracks. There was no sign of the dark figure anywhere.

Thomas gasped when he saw the tracks. "Are those tracks?"

"Yes, but you can't use them right now can you?" Daniel asked. Daniel kept looking around for the dark figure, but didn't see. "Darn it, where did it go?!" Daniel kept turning around, and everywhere he turned, Thomas turned, and now Thomas was getting really dizzy.

Daniel sighed, and softly set Thomas on the ground. He then, sat on the ground. "Where are they...?" Daniel said.

Thomas shook his head, trying to shake off the dizzy feeling. "Daniel, we will find them..."

"I... don't wanna lose my brother... I lost my father once... I...I don't..."

Thomas could see Daniel was on the verge of tears. He wanted to help, but know that he couldn't. 'Come on Thomas The Tank Engine....think of something to help him-' Thomas said to himself in his head.

Thomas was wondering what to say, and he looked at the railway track, that was infront of him.

"My telekinesis work differently than you may think...." Daniel said as he wiped his eyes. "I can kinda feel things.. like, you know, detect things? I can feel the presence of that dark figure, and he's long gone from here..."

"Long gone? What do you mean?" Thomas asked. "He's all the way down the track, we won't be able to reach him now. It's to far away at this moment."

Thomas looked at the tracks. 'If only I was an engine right now-'

Daniel sat there, with his head down, and Thomas was feeling determined to help him.

'I came here right? If I went trough the magic buffers somehow, their must be a set of buffers somewhere here....' But Thomas wasn't sure how it would work. He wasn't sure if he would touch the buffers he'd turn back into a locomotive, or it he'll get sent back to his dimension. But Thomas wanted to help. He knows that dark figure was what he saw in his dimension before he came to Daniel's dimension. Thomas felt like he was the one who caused this mess, although that probably isn't true.

Thomas got up by himself, and walked over the tracks. Daniel looked up when he heard Thomas get up off the ground. "Thomas? Where are you going?"

"Looking for some buffers. If... I can turn back to an engine, I'd probably be able to help us go down this track." Thomas said. "Buffers? You mean those magic buffers you where talking about?"

Thomas nodded. "Yes those. I need to be able to change to an engine. I have no idea if it'll work"

Daniel got up, and went to join Thomas. "What if... you find buffers, and it isn't the right one?"

"You said this is Seattle right?" Thomas asked. Daniel nodded. "Uh-huh."

"Well, since this is America, American railways, or... railroads as you all call it, doesn't have any buffers that look like the buffers from British railways. But, no matter where the magic buffers are, they all look the same."

"So, they look like British buffers?" Daniel asked. Thomas nodded. "Precisely"

"Ok, lets look for some sidings"