Chapter 44 Back To Tidmouth

By the time Daniel got back to the Steam Works, he was exhausted. It took another hour for him to haul the flatbed of parts for the journey, so by the time he got back, it was around midnight. Daniel chugged exustedly though the front yard of the Steamworks. He was nearly out of water, so he was ever slower than what he needed to be. He was sure everyone was alseep, and they where. Once he got inside of the building, he could see Thomas having on a crane arm. He was alseep, snorning away, and Victor was nowhere to be seen. Daniel stopped just before the area Thomas was at. He was about to call out for Victor, but he was to tired to make another peep.

He fell asleep as soon as he chugged one last time. "Daniel?" Mark called out once Daniel stopped. He was about to call out again, but stopped when he heard Daniel snoring. Mark sighed, then sat down on the floor. He figured he might as well get some rest too.

"Daniel..."

Daniel snored. "Daniel..? Wake up."

Daniel, groggly opened his eyes. "Hmm?" He said, tiredly. He looked to the left of him, and saw Victor. "V-Victor?" Daniel asked. "Good, you're awake. Just what time did you arrive last night? We waited for hours!"

Daniel was now getting to be fully awake. He didn't know how to tell Victor about the run in with Dark-Blade, since he has no idea on what Dark-Blade even is about. He didn't know what else to say, since there was no other logical reason to why he was so late. Victor saw that Daniel wasn't answering. "Daniel, what happened?" He asked. "It.. It was just a small delay, no big deal." Daniel told him. Then, he tried to change the subject. "Wait, where's Thomas?" He asked. Even though he wanted to change the subject, he genuinely wanted to know where his friend is. Victor just sighed. "He's up there, they're tightening the last parts on him now."

"Victor, is that Daniel? Is he awake?"

"Yes Thomas."

Daniel reversed to see him. Daniel smiled at him as Thomas came into view. "You doing ok?" Daniel asked. "Much better now that you're here." Thomas said. Daniel's face went a little red, and he looked away a little bashfully. "Where were you? It's like we waited for such a long time, did you come in the middle of the night?" Thomas arched an eyebrow, as he asked his question. Victor, thankfully, had left to go do some things around the workshop, so since Thomas already knows about Dark-Blade, he decided to tell him. "I'll tell you." Daniel said. "I'm listening."

"Me and Mark had a run in with the dark figure."

Thomas gasped. "Again?!"

"Yes, and for some reason, he turned into an engine."

That made Thomas look at him confused. "Turned into an engine?! What? Did he use the buffers?"

Daniel wasn't sure. "I'm not sure Thomas. But, I think I took care of him."

"What did you do?"

Daniel smiled. "My Telekinesis of course! He didn't know what hit him!"

Thomas sighed. "I don't want you getting hurt. Please, take care of yourself."

"Don't worry Tom, I will."

Daniel waited for the workmen to fix up Thomas, then he remembered about the little adventure he at going to Brendam. "Oh! Brendam Docks is really cool place! It's totally awesome-pawsome! All of those engines where are so cool!" Daniel said. Thomas smiles. "You meet Salty and the gang?"

"Yep! They where amazing! And- Oh! This engine came to collect something! She was a Stirling Single!" Daniel exclaimed. "Oh? That would be Emily." Thomas said. "I know! She's my favorite engine ever! And she was so freaking beautiful! That emerald green was so-"