Chapter 46 Repaired Thomas

Coming up to the signal, that was green, Daniel pulled into Ffarquhar, hauling Percy. Since he still had to do the mail, as he had promised, he had dropped off the last of the mail at the past station. The workman quickly uploaded the cars, so he could be on his way again.

After they were done, with the station master blowing his whistle, Daniel set off... Disconnected from the mail cars, and only to Percy. Percy was worried that he could stay together. Daniel had a long run ahead of him back to the steam works, and it was a risk of Percy's wheels falling apart without him being on a flatbed. But there were no flatbeds at Farquhar at the time they were there. Plus, they'd need a breakdown train to pick Percy up, to place him on anything other than a track. Someone was already using the breakdown train, and they couldn't wait for how long, for whatever engine to bring it back. "Don't worry Percy," Daniel said to Percy. "I'm going at a steady pace." Daniel didn't want Percy to worry. He's been getting used to being an engine now, and he could regulate his speed just fine.

Everything went well, and Daniel brought Percy to the steam works safely. Daniel sighed in relief. He was actually worried that something bad would happen, especially knowing that the dark figure was somewhere. "O-Oh? A-Are we here?" Percy asked. "I told you I'd get you here safely," Daniel said with a smile. He slowed to a halt once he entered through the opening of the Steamworks building. He looked around, and he saw Thomas. He was just standing stationary on a track over, asleep. It didn't seem like they completely fixed Thomas's wheels and pistons yet. Daniel sighed. "Geez, they hadn't fixed his stuff yet?" Daniel thought out loud. "Huh? Fixed who?" Percy asked. Since he was connected to Daniel's back couple, facing backward, he couldn't see inside.

"Oh, Thomas got into an accident earlier.." Daniel said. "Wait what?! Is he alright?!" Percy yelled. "Don't worry Percy, your friend's doing fine. He seems like he's asleep,"

Just then, a sleepy-looking Victor rolled up on the narrow gauge track, next to the lines Daniel and Percy were on. Since it was practically midnight by now, the steam works were basically closed. "Sorry to wake you Victor, but I brought Percy,"

"Yes, yes, you may uncouple from him, and leave him where he is, we'll look after him in the morning. Thank you for your help," But they were open to any surprise accidents.

Once he was disconnected from Percy, he didn't want to leave Thomas. He also didn't want to travel back to Tidmouth this late at night by himself. So, after Victor went back to sleep, Daniel just stayed where he was. "Daniel? You're not going back?"

"No, I'm gonna keep Thomas, and your company," He told him. Percy smiled gratefully. "Oh." He said.

Once everyone was settled, they both fell asleep.

****

Soon after, it was morning. And a very busy morning at that.

The Steamworks was busy. Since the workers had two broken engines at the shop, everyone was running around like ants. And Daniel somewhat made it inconvenient for everybody, because he was sleeping right in the middle of the tracks that connect to the turntable. With Percy sitting in front of him, and Thomas on the track over, it made everyone stressed and didn't know what to do. There was a loud whistle. "Daniel, get out of here! You're blocking everyone's way!"

Daniel jumped awake. "AHHH!" He screamed, startled, he quickly looked up at saw James in front of him. Confused, he instantly thought where was Percy, but then James started to talk and cut him off from his thoughts. "You can't just take a nap in the middle of the Steamworks like this!"

"Oh!" Daniel yelled once he realized that he was holding up everyone from doing their work. He quickly moved out, then switched over to another track, away from everyone. The track he chose, was directly next to Thomas, who was still asleep. Daniel just looked around, at everyone who was just running around. There were a bunch of parts and tools that were being shipped out. Daniel couldn't keep count of it all. Engine wheels, coach and truck wheels, and engine's whistles. Daniel looked next to him, at Thomas, and saw that Thomas's wheels were fixed. "Did you guys fix him?" Daniel asked a worker. They nodded. "Yes, he's ready to move out soon, he's just taking a nap,"

Daniel sighed. He wanted to see Thomas. He started to back up, to get out, but then he heard a sound coming from Thomas. He quickly looked up and saw Thomas opening his eyes. "T-Thomas!" He exclaimed.

Thomas looked at him. "Daniel?"

Daniel smiled. "Thomas, are you ok?"

Thomas looked down at his buffers, and around. "Uh... I think so?"

"Daniel... Can you please get out of my wow now? Ugh, some of us got things to do!" James snapped.

***

The workmen were looking over at Percy, and Thomas was free at last. Now, he and Thomas were on the mainline chugging together. "You actually had me worried all night," Daniel said. Thomas looked at him. "Oh... Um, well... sorry about that,"

Daniel noticed Thomas's face was a little red. 'Definitely a crush, I knew it,' He mentally giggled to himself. "But bloody hell, what on earth happened to Percy? Why is he also broken?"

"Uhhh..." Daniel didn't know how to phrase it all. "Well, two words. Dark-Blade, apparently," He said. "Again?" Thomas asked, he slowed down, then came to a halt. Daniel did the same. "When will we get rid of this thing?" Thomas questioned. His friend just shook. "I don't know Tom," He said. "But we need to. I just don't know how,"

"Well, I at least got some good news," Thomas said as he started to chugg off. "Hm? What is it?" He said, trying to keep up with Thomas's pace. "I overheard Victor talking last night, and your parts are almost here. I believe they're in France about to be shipped over to Sodor directly by ocean," Thomas mentioned. "Oh! Sweet!" Daniel smiled. Thomas smiled with him. "Yeah, I'm glad you're finally going to be getting home after a week here,"

"I... To be honest, this was a crazy week,"

Thomas chuckled. "Crazy for me too,"

They both rolled into Knapford a while later. "And don't forget, we need to find the coal," Thomas said. "But how? We tried and couldn't find a single clue in that quarry,"

If they didn't find that coal, Daniel could still leave, but he's grown to know that this dimension needs that engine he found in the gateway. If she really powers it, her lack of powers could be really bad for Thomas's world, and probably even his own. Thomas and Daniel were both stopped at a platform in Knapford. "I know Daniel, we just got to keep looking for clues,"

"What are you two just sitting around for?" Said Gordon, as he pulled into the station. "Since Daniel came here, you've been slacking so much for this human being, go and get my coaches for crying out loud! I need to do my job,"

Thomas rolled his eyes. "Said the one's who was late. You should have been here hours ago," annoyed, Thomas puffed off to shunt Gordon's passenger coaches.

Daniel sat there, waiting for Thomas. He also just stood still and watched his friend do his train things. But as he was watching, a workman came over to him. "Daniel? Would you and Thomas mind doing a quick job run from Misty Island? They have some Jobi Wood at the logging facility there, which needs to get delivered to Harwick. But, you can Thomas just needs to deliver them back here, and we'll get another engine to take them from you. You two are the only free engines at the moment,"

Daniel smiled. "Um... sure! I'd love to!"

So, when Thomas came back, from shunting Gordon's coaches. "Ugh, I hate this bossy boiler," Thomas mumbled to Gordon. "Hey! Thomas! We got a job to do together!"

Thomas blinked. "We do? What?"

"A workman said we got to go to Misty Island to get some Jobi Wood... I... I don't know where that is though,"

Steam blew out from Thomas. "Come behind me, I'll guide us. Misty Island is a very tiny Island on the west side of Sodor,"