Chapter 43 A Scary Encounter

Night fell, as Daniel was chugging to Brendam. Thankfully, the snow wasn't falling anymore, but the night was cold. "Man, it's freezing!" Daniel complained. He felt like his firebox wasn't emitting enough heat even though it was- but poor the poor human-to-engine was still cold. "You're cold?! What about me! I don't have a coat on." Mark said. "At least you have a firebox." He added. "You do know you could open the firebox latch to warm yourself in there you know that, right?"

"Hm? ...oh...right." Mark said, feeling really silly. He bent down, then opened the latch, and the heat came out. "Ahhhh... That's better." Mark sighed. He sat down on the floor of Daniel's cab, resting up against the back wall. "Hey, be careful." Daniel felt Mark sit down inside him. "Why are you sitting down like that? What if I have to break suddenly, then you go flying into my firebox?"

"Daniel, I'll be fine." Mark told him. "Fine? Dude, I don't want to cook a human inside me."

Mark sighed. "Fine." He got back up. After, he got the shovel, and flew some more coal inside Daniel, to keep them both warm, and to maintain speed. He also checked to see if Daniel was low on water. He was fine, but they probably had to get a refill at Brendam for the journey back.

Daniel came round a bed, and he gasped. "Woah.... Are we almost there?" In the distance was a lot of lights, shining from the dark night. It looked like a town, but as Daniel got closer, the place looked more and more industrial. "We have to be near the harbor now." Mark said. "Yeah! Look at all those industrial looking buildings! I built a dock once in Minecraft! Of course... it didn't look as good as this."

"Mark! Look!"

"Huh? What?"

Daniel could barely see, because it was night, but next to them, was water. And out from the water, was an entire ocean. "The ocean! I think we are coming up to the docks now!"

Mark stepped closer to the opening door of the cab. "If I know my Thomas lore good enough, that should be the Irish Sea." Daniel smiled. "The Irish Sea? Wow!"

There was cranes all over the docks, and at the water was a giant freight ship. Daniel was very excited as he puffed into the docks. Workpeople where all over, despite it being night, loading things in trucks and vans, and a few engines where there. One engine rolled up to Daniel, it was a diesel engine. "Arrr, and who might you be?" It said. Daniel gasped. "Woah...you sound like a pirate!" Daniel said with a big smile after. The diesel engine chuckled. "Haha arr, why I am one? I remember the day I was on me ship, sailing the high seas-"

"Ugh, not this again Salty-" Said a voice. Daniel looked around, wondering who said that. There was no one else around them. "Haha, pipe down Cranky. It's all in good fun. Nothing lik' some fun little stories to share with the lads eh?" Salty said. Daniel was still looking around. He finally looked at 'Salty' "Um... Excuse me, who are you talking to? I don't see them..." Daniel said. "Oh, I'm talking to Cranky! He's wayyyy up there! Ha arrrrr"

Daniel looked up, and saw a crane with a face.

"Oh, holy cow! The Cranes have faces too?!" Daniel exclaimed. "Huh? Excuse me?" The crane said. It looked down at Daniel with a look that slightly looked annoyed. Daniel didn't know what else to say after. He knew the engines in this dimension where sentient, but he had no idea other vehicles could be. "Um... I-I didn't mean anything." Daniel said. "Hm? Well alright. Say, I don't think I've seen you here before? Where are you from? You can't be from the mainland, you don't sound British." The crane said. "And what's your name?"