5. The happenings in life

"Nothing has changed except the paint job," Carnel mused

"Nothing has changed except the paint job," Carnel mused. "Which could really be anything other than this shade."

Philip only smiled a small smile.

He was ecstatic when he found out that his two best friends would attend the same school as him, although he had expected it since they were all together most of the time two years ago. He had spent the weekend with them, catching up on all the things that they'd missed in each other's lives.

So to say, Philip was at ease, would be an understatement.

"Let's get going, if I stand here, I'd feel the need to look around the whole school," Jade ushered the boys inside the main building of their school.

Philip looked at the floor as he walked, side stepping all the creases and lines on the tiles.

"Don't you need your timetables?" Philip asked, not taking his eyes off the floor, oblivious to the people staring at the trio.

"The school mailed it to us," Carnel informed.

"Do any of us have all the classes together?" Philip stopped at the centre of a tile box.

"I don't think so, Phil," Jade checked her phone, comparing all their time tables that she'd gathered the day before.

"Oh okay."

Philip was surely disappointed, but he assured himself that he didn't have any friends for the past two years and that his friends merely being back in town, moreso attending the same school as him made things a lot better.

Philip resumed walking beside his friends, listening to the chatter between the twins as he skipped the lines.

He paused walking when another pair of Adidas obstructed his pathway.

He carefully landed his legs within the lines and looked up at the person interrupting his walk.

Fletcher Handerson was standing before him, and in his palm, a notebook.

"Hello," Philip greeted him.

"Hello." Fletcher greeted, and noticed the green-eyed boy looking expectantly at the notebook in his hand.

"Hello," Carnel introduced himself quite stoically, but intentionally intruding.

Fletcher glanced at him, genuinely surprised, and equally expressing his distaste towards Carnel, who seemed to stare to try to stare him.

It was no surprise that the two boys were familiar with each other earlier, and it was certainly obvious that they had started off on the wrong foot.

Jade rolled her eyes, and pushed her brother to the side to introduce herself.

"I'm Jade," she smiled.

"I know," Fletcher smiled at her shortly and turned back to look at Philip, who was murmuring numbers in ascending order, while looking at Ciel's blue and black checkered shirt.