13. Sweeping fragments

"I want to talk to the principal," Clyde slammed his palm down on the front desk of  his brother's school's office.

"Clyde Fork, what a surprise," Mr Gregg, the school's favorite physics teacher looked up from a computer behind the front desk.

"Hello, sir, I would like to meet the principal regarding a very important matter, it's of utmost urgency," Clyde requested, his earlier demanding tone now sounding neutral.

"Of course child, wait here," Mr Gregg, young in his looks and age, walked inside the principal's office behind the huge office.

"Knowing the principal's husband ought to have some perks," Carnel muttered, crossing his arms against his chest.

Clyde stood rigidly beside Carnel.

"Philip can't know." Clyde reminded Carnel, making him nod.

"Come in now child."

~

Philip sat with Jade during their math class, and avoided looking at anybody else other than his friends. He wouldn't even acknowledge Cedric when he approached their desk--kept his head down throughout the number of classes he had before lunch.

He would stare at a discreet object in the distance until his eyes started watering. 

 He was distracted, that much was obvious to anybody around him.

"Phil, hey, tablet before lunch," Carnel nudged his shoulder, sitting beside him in the cafeteria.

"Right," Philip muttered and popped open the tablet he took from his pocket and swallowed it with water.

"Here," Carnel handed him his lunchbox from his bag. A lunchbox which consisted of chicken rice and sauce.

Philip wordlessly ate from his lunchbox, his gaze focused on his lunch.

He thought about the comment from Fletcher's account.

He didn't understand why he would do that, but he knew one thing; Fletcher Handerson was mysteriously playing with his feeling and he knew it.

"Hey, can I sit with you guys?" Nilaan asked, standing behind Philip.

"Sure, come on," Philip mumbled with a mouth full of food.

"Thanks!" Nilaan sat beside Jade and placed his tray filled with junk food on the table.

"Bruh you're spilling those all over," Carnel laughed at Philip's face that had patches of tomato sauce and rice stuck to them.

"You need to hand me a tissue," Philip stated blankly.

Carnel, Nilaan and Jade chortled loudly at the way Philip spoke.

"You guys suck," Philip shook his head, chuckling and grabbed a tissue from his pocket.

"Hey, look," Jade pointed at Fletcher who looked furious as ever as he stalked towards the middle of the cafeteria, with Cedric and Ailaani hot on his heels.

"Uh oh," Nilaan stood up, his hands on his head.

Fletcher stood beside Brigette who was sitting down with a bunch of other boys and girls and snatched her phone from her hands and threw them forcefully across the cafeteria, smashing it on the wall.

His stance looked livid and murderous.

"What the actual fuck?!" Brigette screeched.

Ailaani grabbed Brigette's hair and pulled on it, tilting her head back.

"Know your place bitch. That will be your face if you try to mess around one more time," Ailaani warned and pointed her chin towards her broken phone and released her hold on her hair.

Cedric stood beside Fletcher, staring at Brigette.

"Seriously, hacking? Grow up, jeez," Cedric shook his head.

Philip only turned his head to witness the scene, his mouth chewing lunch slowly.

Nilaan gestured Ailaani to move towards him. He was a little worried about his twin who was no stranger to anger.

"Are you alright?" Nilaan asked her cautiously once she was at the table.

Ailaani nodded and crossed her arms, and turned to look at Fletcher and Cedric walking out of the cafeteria.

"He didn't comment after all," Jade sighed.

"You thought he'd do something like that?" Ailaani snapped at her.

Jade raised a brow.

"I'm sorry, in a bad mood," Ailaani muttered and patted Jade's head.

Jade nodded and turned around to look at Fletcher, but she could only catch a glimpse of his back as he vanished through the dimly lit hallway.

"I'll just get my lunch real quick," Ailaani said and walked away.

"Well, then I guess it does nothing for my crush," Jade hummed.

Nobody noticed the look on Philip's face when she said that, or the glare on Carnel's face when she was nonchalant about the whole Instagram situation.

"Crush?" Nilaan asked, chewing on a nugget.

"Yes, I have a crush on Fletcher," she affirmed with a wink.

Carnel rolled his eyes.

"Right, gotcha," Nilaan mumbled awkwardly  not before shooting a quick glance at Philip's then blank face.

Philip nudged Carnel.

"Get me outta here."