15. Blocked thoughts

"You should have broken more than her phone! You should have broken her face!" Eva Handerson Wick exclaimed, looking as ferocious as a penguin with her hands on her hip.

Eva Handerson was a small person, with the best cooking skills in the world. Refused to be tied up in the kitchen like a typical housewife, brushing away her cooking skills, she decided to put her knowledge to good use and start an organization--Handerson Catering.

Something her husband was grateful for since he gets to eat the delicious leftovers from the catering.

"I can't exactly do that you know, I don't hit girls," Fletcher spoke as he plopped down on the couch in his brother-in-law's office.

"Yes, Fletch, I've taught you well," Eva nodded vigirously.

"Stop that, you're freaking me out," Cedric edged around his very pregnant sister-in-law to sit beside his best friend.

"You're suspended for throwing her phone across the wall?" Grant Wick asked his brother-in-law, not taking his eyes off the papers on his desk.

"I guess," Fletcher shrugged.

"One day of suspension is not a big deal I guess," Grant Wick looked up from the papers to look at his family inside his office. "I've done worse."

Grant winked making Fletcher chuckle and fist bump him.

Eva looked between her brother and her husband and smacked both of their heads.

"Don't encourage him! You spoil my boys enough already! Now god knows how my baby girl will turn around at their age!" Eva grumbled. "You two need to stop listening to him," she adviced her brother and brother-in-law.

"We um don't listen to him, but okay," Cedric gulped audibly, not wanting to piss off a pregnant woman.

"You need to calm down a bit, Eva," Fletcher tried his luck to console his sister.

"You want a piece of me!" Eva stood in front of her brother and rolled her sleeves up, getting ready to punch him.

Grant Wick stood up just in time.

"Hey, hey, hey, this much stress is neither good for you nor your baby, so how about you take a walk around with Emily."

Eva's husband suggested.

Eva grinned.

"Oh honey you're so thoughtful, I love that about you."

She praised him and pressed her lips against his in a sweet kiss before walking out of the office.

"That woman scares me," Cedric looked at the floor and rattled his head.

"Seriously guys? You should know better than to discuss this in front of Eva," Grant shook his head.

"She's heavily pregnant, why is she even wandering around?" Fletcher muttered earning an audible grunt for an agreement from Cedric.

"Beats me," Grant sighed and stood in front of the two teenagers.

"Why are you standing like that?" Cedric asked from his slouched position on the couch.

"What exactly are you kids doing over at school?"

Cedric looked warily at his brother and the two teenagers answered simultaneously.

"Surviving class."

"Bunking class."

Cedric shot a quick look at Fletcher, raising a brow.

"Bunking huh Fletch?" Grant asked, crossing his arms and looked at his brother. "You? You attend classes?"

Cedric looked away innocently.

"At least stop lying for each other, you guys are horrible."

Grant chuckled at their relationship.

Fletcher bumped fists with Cedric and the three men looked humorously at each other.

"What?" Fletcher asked.

"You like a boy don't you? Philip is his name?" Grant looked questioningly at Fletcher.

"Yes."

"You've liked him since when?"

"Since last year."

"You're waiting for what exactly?" Grant raised his brows.

"Huh?"

"You've liked him for a long time, and you still haven't made a move?"

"I uh..."

Cedric looked between his brother and brother-in-law, looking amused.

"Just go tell him already." Grant shook his head.

"Easy for you to say," Fletcher mumbled.

"When does cricket season start?" Grant moved back and sat on his desk.

"In two weeks," Cedric answered, shoving a hand in his pocket.

"Are you guys in good shape for that?"

Fletcher kept quiet.

Cedric removed the hand inside his pocket that was about to reach for a lollipop.

Grant shook his head at the teenagers' reaction.

"Get outta here, I have work to finish."

Grant stood up and walked around his desk, dismissing the teenagers with a wave as he sat down on his seat.

Being a museum director is a lot of work.

"See you later," Fletcher said and stood up first, pulling up a lazy Cedric.

"That old man literally kept us in here and grilled us with questions and now he had work," Cedric mumbled, lazily hanging onto his best friend.

"I heard that," Grant spoke, not taking his eyes off the papers in front of him.

"Whatever old man. At least we know your ears are still working," Cedric mumbled, making Fletcher chuckle as they walked to the door.

"See you brats at home," Grant called out as the two stepped out of the door

Cedric rolled his eyes and Fletcher yelled out an audible 'bye.'

"I'm driving," Cedric grabbed his car key when Fletcher sneakily took them from Cedric's palm.

"Where are we going?"

"Wherever I want to," Cedric spoke cheekily.

"I want to see Philip."

Fletcher blurted.

"Finally grew some balls eh?" Cedric slung an arm around Fletcher's shoulder and whispered. "Well, fortunately for you, great minds think alike."

~

Choco here, author not, she dealing with some issues.

She secretly watching Naruto. Choco mad.

Bye

Author's writer's block and procrastination shaking hands be like: ⬆️