14. A roadtrip for a smile

Fletcher leaned over the balcony of the balcony of the chemistry floor, watching Philip get inside Carnel's car.

He took another drag out of the cigarette he was holding casually between his fingers.

He looked up at the sky and blew the smoke out from his mouth as Carnel reversed the car.

Fletcher looked at the black band tattoo around his wrist and traced it while resting the cigarette between his fingers.

"Get rid of this shit," Cedric appeared from behind him and snatched the cigarette from his fingers and stamped on it.

"Go to hell," Fletcher muttered.

"I will, after you. Now chew on this," Cedric shoved a ball of pepper mint inside Fletcher's mouth.

"Bitch," Fletcher narrowed his eyes but chewed on the mint nonetheless.

"You're suspended for the day, I'd say if not for the comment, then at least for this."

Cedric looked down at the cigarette he stamped on.

"Fair enough, I'm leaving," Fletcher leaned away from the railing of the balcony.

"Like you have a fucking choice. You're coming with me," Cedric pulled Fletcher by his shirt and dragged him to the ground floor, and eventually to the parking lot.

Cedric reversed his car after pushing a grumbling Fletcher inside it.

"Where the fuck are we going?" Fletcher grumbled.

"The fucking museum."

Cedric sounded serious.

"Are you fucking with me man?" Fletcher ran a hand through his hair.

"We are going to the museum. And some other place."

~

"Dude, pull over at the candy shop."

"You sure have one heck of a sweet tooth," Carnel commented.

"At least I have a taste. Unlike some people," Philip chided.

"Sure, taste as in vanilla? You call that taste?"

Philip narrowed his eyes, ready to defend one of his favorite flavors.

"You don't even have a tongue, better not get me started," Philip knocked Carnel's head.

"Shut the fuck up or else I'll not stop at the candy shop."

"Oh sure I'd like to see you try," Philip broke his knuckles.

"Oops, guess I just drove past it," Carnel waved covered his mouth then waved.

"Carnel you imbecile! Go back!"

Philip looked wide eyed at his best friend, his upper body now fully facing him.

"Fucking hell, don't yell. Oh that rhymed. I'm a lyricist after all. Anyway take a look behind ya," Carnel blabbed.

Philip craned his neck to look at the road behind him.

Carnel slapped his head.

"At the backseat you dumb shit."

"Oh," Philip mumbled making his best friend shake his head.

"Carnel you fucker, I love you man!"

Philip aggressively removed his seatbelt and dived to the back seat.

"Woah man, watch your ass," Carnel chuckled. "I'm driving."

"When did you get these?!"

Philip looked extensively happy to see all of his favorite snacks and drinks stacked up in different covers.

Carnel replied carefully and shortly, not wanting to trigger his best friend.

"Today morning."

Carnel heard a wrapper being torn open clumsily.

"I swear to god, if you spill any of them in my car, I'm literally throwing you in the trash on the end of our street."

Carnel threatened.

Philip ignored his threat and happily munch on a dairy milk.

"No whe rawe gong," Philip spoke with a mouth full of chocolate.

"English Phil," Carnel looked at his best friend from the rear-view mirror.

"Where the fuck are you taking me?"

"You sound like I'm fucking kidnapping you, oh heavens."

"Where?"

"The trash at the end of our road."

Philip smiled devilishly and pulled his friend in a very light headlock from behind him.

"Where, you brat?"

"Jesus, Phil, I'm driving,"Carnel laughed, punching Philip's arm.

"Just tell me," Philip removed his arms from his friend and rummaged through the covers and grabbed a couple of chocolates and moved to sit in the front seat.

"We're going to the dog park and picking up Cougar."

"Sounds like a plan."

Carnel smirked.

A plan indeed.