22. all the things I said

Philip remained quiet the entire time the ride back home, and Fletcher said he'd stay over.

Philip was silently very very excited that his boyfriend was staying over for the first time. They've never stayed over before, and the situation seemed almost perfect for them to connect like this. His mother was supposed working late from home, but she was nowhere to be found.

"I'll just call my mom real quick," Philip waved his phone in front of Fletcher's face.

"Sure," Fletcher murmured.

Fletcher looked around the cozy two story house, and he couldn't help but notice that all the lights are the house were warm white displaying a yellow setting.

He took a seat on the couch lazily but stood up when he realized he can look at the pictures hanging near the staircase.

"Hey, my mom said she'll be home late, want to order something?" Philip asked, standing beside Fletcher near the staircase.

"You look cute here," Fletcher murmured looking at the picture.

He was staring at a particular picture of Philip playing the violin.

"Err... they're way old, don't mind them," Philip scratched his neck awkwardly.

Fletcher smiled, averting his eyes to look at his boyfriend.

"You were saying something?"

"My mom's gonna be late, what do you want to order?"

"I don't care as long as it's edible," Fletcher shrugged.

"Alright, I'll get Chinese," Philip said walking away towards the kitchen to look at the restaurant's number. "We'll watch something on Netflix yeah, put on the telly, it'll pop right up."

Fletcher did as instructed and he decided to pick something funny.

He never liked the cliché rom-coms or horrors. He preferred to have a good laugh or sleep rather than cry at the end of the movie or jump at the littlest of sounds.

And he knew he needed to be the definition of 'make a difference,' especially when it came to Philip.

"The food will be here in thirty," Philip reappeared from the kitchen and saw Fletcher setting up the pillows and blankets on the couch. "What did you pick?"

"You'll know soon, just sit I'll take care of the rest," Fletcher said, tugging Philip forward and sat him on the couch.

"Is this a date?" Philip blurted.

Fletcher chuckled at his bluntness.

"We'll treat it like one," he pinched Philip's earlobe affectionately.

"Woah, Rush Hour," Philip commented, leaning back into the couch, while Fletcher dimmed the lights. 'I've never watched it."

Fletcher immediately stopped whatever he was doing to gawk at his boyfriend.

"You're joking," he deadpanned.

"I'm not," Philip shook his head.

"Dude, Rush Hour is like the one of the gold comedic-classics, I can't believe you right now."

"I know, I can read your face, now play the movie and come sit."

Half-an hour into the movie, their food had arrived and the boys were seeming to have the best time of their life laughing with their favourite food.

Fletcher noticed that Philip seemed a lot more comfortable with him, teasing and making fun of him whenever he got the chance. He seemed physically comfortable as well, hooking his arms around Fletcher's and leaning on him.