C H A P T E R 13

MAINLAND

"I'm taking you out," Rafe stated at Callie.

"No way, James is going to kill me"

After Cooper left for work early this morning, Rafe and Callie stayed alone. Callie barely had the time to get up and shower Rafe was already asking her to hang out.

"Come on! I'll tell him it was my idea and he won't do a shit to you," Cameron pleaded cutting her off.

"Fine. But you need to tell me where we're going first"

"Midsummers is tomorrow and I bet you didn't even buy a dress yet," Rafe spoke, which reminded her that he was right. "We're buying you one today"

"I didn't plan on going there"

"You go every year! Don't do this to me Sanders. You were the only reason why I wanted to go"

Callie rolled eyes and whispered a small "fine," letting him know she still wasn't sure about going.

"How about you big boy? have you got your outfit?" she smiled, walking towards him.

"Mhm, my dad already got me one. Not that I got the chance to choose"

"You look amazing no matter what," she hugged him, her chin laying on his shoulder, and she left a small kiss on his neck. "Let's go handsome"

They took his car to drive until the Ferry, and got in to join the mainland. The whole Ferry trip, Callie had her head laying on Rafe's shoulder, and her fingers intertwined with his.

Rafe appreciated having his girlfriend by his side and could honestly not deny he was a simp for Callie Sanders.

Once the Ferry stopped, they walked around a few and Rafe stopped at a shop everyone in the Outer Banks would agree on admitting only the Kooks could afford.

"It's too fancy, let's head to another one," Callie said.

"Come on," he took her hand into his and dragged her inside the shop, not giving her the choice. "Let me pick for you," he added.

"How about this blue dress, it's not so exp-"

"Sanders I said let me choose"

Rafe walked a few steps more into the women's area and immediately spotted a white dress. Callie saw him taking it and honestly wanted to disappear. Her body would never look good in it.

"It has to be this one," Rafe said, walking towards the fitting room. "Try it on"

"It's not gonna look good"

"Yes it will just try it, at least," he practically begged, and she didn't argue.

She got inside the fitting room. Of course no mirror so she'd have to get out wearing it.

 Of course no mirror so she'd have to get out wearing it