C H A P T E R 30

PRIORITIES

After she woke up and got prepared, Callie joined Rafe in the living room and stayed silent as he was on the phone. He saw her and waved at her, smiling.

"I told you, dad listen to me please," he left a silence as his dad was probably answering on the other side of the phone.

He rolled eyes and talked louder. "Dad I can't I got important things to take care of, so not today! Bye," he threw his phone away and walked towards her.

She gave him a hug as he kissed her head. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing. Let's just go to the beach," he took her hand in his and dragged her with him.

"But didn't you tell your dad you have important things to like « take care of » or something?"

"Yeah sure I do," he left a silence and kept walking, grabbing his car keys. "And it's you"

They arrived at the beach, and got surprised noticing the crowd of people. Well for once they wouldn't be alone.

They sat where they found some place and Callie immediately eyed some girls looking at Rafe a bit too much. They were absolutely gorgeous, way prettier than her to her opinion. If only she could look as good as them.

"Apparently they like you a lot," she said not looking at their girls but at him.

"Who are you talking about?" he asked, adjusting a lock of her hair behind her ear.

"Don't act like you didn't notice them. They're looking at you with passion in the eyes" she said, showing with her eyes the three girls.

"Hey hum.. I'm taken" he yelled, to what Callie's cheeks redden.

"Stop-Rafe stop"

"So sorry but you'd better look at other boys," he finished by saying, to what the three girls laughed awkwardly and looked away.

"Why would you do that?"

"Cause I didn't want you to feel insecure or to be jealous," he assured, and she smiled back, still not understanding how she got a man like him.

They spent the day catching waves, sunbathing and talking about memories they had together.

"Remember that stormy night, when you got scared and joined Coop in his bed, but actually Cooper sneaked out to see some girls and I was the one in the bed?" Rafe reminded.

"Oh god I was 13!"

"You punched me when you realised it was me and you left the room," Rafe laughed at her.

When the sun started to settle, everyone left the beach. Callie and Rafe were now alone on the sand.

She was laying on her stomach and he was on top of her, massaging her back. His big hands were covering her small back, relaxing her muscles and skin. "Rafe it feels so good"

He added soft kisses on her skin, still massaging her, so she left out a few moans, because he was making her feel too good to keep it inside.

After an hour, he stopped and she sat next to him, resting his head on her shoulder.

"Callie, get up and close your eyes" he told her.

"What?" she asked getting up with him.

"Just close your eyes, trust me"

She closed her eyes and focused on the waves sound. The seconds she spent waiting felt like ages, and she hated it.

"You can open your eyes now," he said softly, so she did. Her eyes widen, and her jaw dropped when she discovered Rafe, a knee on the ground, with a black box in his left hand.

"Rafe oh my god"

She saw a cute ring, with a « R » written on it. It was very small and minimalist but she loved it a lot.

"You know how much I love you, and, I just wanna make you mine forever. So, here's the first letter of my first name until i can give you my last name," he left a silence before going ahead.

"It's a promise ring. That means I promise to always treat you right and be there for you," he concluded getting up, and she took his face between her hands.

"Baby.. thank you so much," she kissed his lips for many seconds.

He took the ring and put in on her finger, before they got up together. She pulled him in for a hug, listening to his heartbeat.

"I love you so much Rafe, you can't even imagine how much" she whispered, holding him, as he gave her head kisses.

"I love you too. It's the first time I feel that way about a girl, so you better know how special you are to me"

It started to rain on them as they kissed, so they repacked their belongings very quickly and walked towards the car.

They got in and the thunder rumbled, scaring both of them. The rain hit harder and harder on the car. "You okay?" asked Rafe.

"I'm not thirteen anymore, I'm fine," she smiled, contemplating her ring.

The sky got even darker, the wind blew hard on them and the thunder kept rumbling.

"Wow" Rafe focused on the road, making sure he was prudent enough.

"Rafe maybe we should pull over and wait until it's calmer"

"Hey I got this, okay?"

"It's dangerous, be careful" she said slowly, looking through the window.

"Trust me, I'm a good driver" he reassured her, putting his hand on her thigh.

Suddenly something big, very big, hit them, and everything became black. Callie only had time to cover her head with her hands, and Rafe moved towards her quickly, as if he wanted to hide her body from the danger.

Then everything became black, for both of them.