C H A P T E R 16

SCARY NIGHT

That night, Rafe drove Callie home and then went back home too. She slept very well, her mind full of Rafe Cameron. She was completely in love and couldn't dream of a better boyfriend at the moment.

The next day, she woke up by the sound of her brother knocking at her door. "Cal wake up! someone's there for you"

She got up and immediately opened the door. She kinda already knew it would be Rafe. It had to be him.

She thought she couldn't welcome him dressed up this way so she quickly got in the bathroom, got changed, brushed her teeth, her hair and two minutes after she got in, she walked out the bathroom.

"He's in the kitchen," Cooper yelled before slamming the front door and getting out of the house.

Callie hurried up and guess how big was her surprise when she discovered the one and only JJ Maybank sitting on the counter.

Her eyes widen when the boy turned to face her and she discovered his whole bruised face. "JJ what the-"

He jumped off the counter as she walked towards him. "You good?" he asked her.

He was smiling as usual and approached to hug her but she pulled back before he got the chance to.

"Are you good?" she asked, worried.

"Yeah yeah it's just my dad you know, no big deal" he only replied as if it was not important.

"It's a big deal. Come on I'll help you healing your cuts"

"Look I just came here to ask you if you can hang out. I don't need a doctor"

"Well you got one. And the answer is written on this paper," she walked towards her bedroom, took the note her uncle left her and handed it to him.

"Callie, don't leave without cleaning the kitchen and folding the laundry"

"Arg come on, it can wait," JJ begged her.

"No Jay, you don't know how he is when I-"

"Oh yes sorry sorry. Well I'll keep you company then," he offered.

She nodded as an answer and stooped to catch the first aid kid from under her bed.

"Sometimes it helps having a best friend who's in the same situation as you are," Callie stated as she handed him the box.

"Hmm not when it comes to this," JJ answered, referring of course to Callie's abuse.

He took the antiseptic and put it on his wounds. Everytime the liquid touched his cuts, his face contorted.

"Here," Callie took it from JJ's hands and did it for him.

"One two three" she counted and put the hurting liquid on his cheek. "Here you are all cleaned up big boy"

She pulled back and smiled at him, as he fixed his hair. "Thank you Cal," he approached her and hugged her tight.

She said it was okay and they walked towards the living room. "I'm gonna start cleaning, you should leave and meet the others"

"I wanna help you," said JJ, walking behind her with his hands on her shoulders.

"It's not gonna be fun" she said.

"Come on baby you know everything's fun with me," he joked.

That day, they ended up by dirtying the house more than cleaning it, the walls full of soap, the floor way too watered. In the end it was okay, cause they had fun even when they weren't supposed to.

JJ complained many times about her house being a Kook ass-rich one cause if it was smaller, they would have spent less time cleaning it.

"How is it going with Kiara?" asked Callie, out of nowhere, while he approached the front door to leave.

"I haven't told her yet"

"Let me know if you need help"

"Sure I will Cal," he left a kiss on her temple and Callie thanked him many times for the help.

JJ left happier and calmer than when he came in the morning, and he knew it was thanks to his best friend.

-
-

Callie couldn't tell what time it was but it was for sure the middle of the night because of the darkness. She had heard weird noises coming from her window and stayed all tucked in her bed, not moving.

The thing made some noise again, more loudly.

Callie started to worry as the noises kept hitting close from her window. She heard them again and closed the eyes, not daring to look at her window. She had always been scared of night noises.

"Callie, Callie," a whisper repeated.

"Who's there?" she asked, worried. She sat on her bed, wrapping her knees with her arms and trying to see a silhouette into the darkness of the room.

"Rafe baby, it's Rafe"

"What the hell are you doing here? you scared me," she felt his arms touching her and made him some place on her bed.

"I didn't mean to scare you princess, I'm sorry"

"Yeah well Cameron you haven't answered my question yet"

"I came here cause I missed you and I wanted to kiss you all over," he said as he quickly got under the covers and laid his head on her stomach. She played with his hair and kissed his head.

"I missed you too baby," she said as he squeezed her tighter and left many kisses on her skin.

"I love you I love you"

He made himself more comfortable and laid his head on a pillow next to hers. They could barely glimpse each other but Rafe found Cal's cheek pretty easily and rubbed it softly.

"I love you too Cameron"

She got closer to him until she felt his breath. She teased him by not kissing him. She felt his nose close to hers and stayed as close as she could, only grazing his lips. She was about to talk but he broke the silence first. "Aren't you gonna kiss me Sanders?"

"I don't know yet.. give me a sec"

"Done," he said, before kissing her first and pushing her head on the pillow.

He lifted her head up with his fingers raising her chin. He felt her smiling against his lips and smiled too, not knowing exactly why, but seeing her happy made him happy.

He kissed her softly at first and more roughly after a few seconds, touching her body with his left hand, burning her skin with his fingers.

She trailed her hand up and down his abs as the other one was around his head, her fingers in his hair to keep him close.

Suddenly the light switched on and they both stopped what they were doing. Callie removed her hand from under Rafe's shirt and he pulled away, looking at who turned it off.

"Can you guys make it silently please?" Cooper asked, childly hiding his eyes with his hand.

"We weren't-" started justifying Callie before Coop cut her off.

"I don't wanna know. Now love birds, if you don't wanna wake up the whole island, just cool down"

"Sure dad," Rafe joked, to what Cooper raised his middle finger and left the room.

"Well, he ruined the mood," Callie laughed, as Rafe laid back on the bed.

The pair laughed and she laid her head on his chest. She drew some circles on it, listening to his heartbeat.

"I'm tired," she stated, closing her eyes.

"Sleep my love, I'm not leaving you anyways"

"Good night Cameron"

"G'night"

She kissed his chest and fell into deep sleep, wrapped by her boyfriends arms and feeling so loved.

It had been a while since they didn't spend a night together and she kind of missed it.