C H A P T E R 18

HUNGOVER

Callie had been sitting on the edge of the bed for over half an hour when Rafe finally woke up

Callie had been sitting on the edge of the bed for over half an hour when Rafe finally woke up. She gave him a few seconds to fully emerge from sleep. She stroked his hair with her fingers and looked at him.

"How are you feeling big boy?"

He stayed quiet for a few seconds and then it all came back to him. He remembered pretty much everything from last night. "Guilty as hell"

She got closer, gave him a quick forehead kiss. "How bad does your head hurt?"

"Very bad"

"I'm so sorry baby," Callie handed him a glass of water and he drank it, sitting on the bed.

"Aren't you gonna yell at me for what I did Sanders?"

"I thought about it all night and now I'm not even mad at you anymore. Just know that I'm not proud," Callie rubbed his cheek with her fingers and kept going.

"Remember when you annoyed me with this whole keeping an eye on me thing? Well I guess I was the one who should have kept an eye on you," she added.

"I'm so sorry Cal, look I'm not proud either and I don't even know why I did it. I'm such an idiot. I risked your life. I've let you drive a fucking car and I've left you alo-"

"Enough for the regrets Cameron. What happened happened. Now make sure it won't happen again"

Rafe got closer and took her face between both of his hands. "You're the best girlfriend ever"

Callie smiled at him, with obvious love in her eyes, cause she couldn't help herself thinking he was a great person. Indeed she was positive he was.

"Only for you. But for now, take a shower you stink," she joked, throwing him a towel.

After Rafe took his shower, they ate a quick breakfast. Callie cooked pancakes for him and prepared him some juice.

When he walked into the kitchen, his wet messy hair made him look way too hot and his black t-shirt fit perfectly his body.

"Look how handsome he is," Callie stated, walking to get closer from him.

"And look how perfect she is," he gave her a kiss on the lips, and she wrapped her hands around his neck.

"I love you"

"I was thinking.." suddenly a noise cut Callie's words and they got away from each other's embrace. "What was that?"

"Probably nothing" Rafe stated, getting closer from his girlfriend.

He stooped over her to kiss her and she jumped, wrapping her legs around him.

She kissed him back and totally forgot about her problems. Being with him was the only thing that mattered and she felt like he was her forever.

If only she knew what was happening.

"What the-" the pair heard a voice coming from behind them and Callie got immediately back on the floor.

She turned around and her eyes immediately filled up with tears when she understood what was going on.

"JJ, Kie I-"

"No need to explain anything Cal. JJ and I saw enough,"  Kie snapped, rudely.

"So you're hooking up with Rafe Cameron now? What are you two hiding exactly?" asked JJ, violently.

"I was about to tell you guys, but it was just never the right moment and-"

Kiara left out an ironic laugh and looked at Rafe with challenge in the eyes. Both of the girls knew where it was about to go.

"Cut the bullshit Callie and tell us, are you dating this piece of shit?" JJ shouted at her, showing Rafe with his hand.

Rafe didn't seem like appreciating Maybank's words and stepped towards the boy. "Man you don't know me, and I don't know you, so keep calm"

"You want me to keep calm? come here-"

"JJ! He's right! calm down," Kie tried to clean the air and calm the two boys. "Let's go"

"I'm not leaving until I know what is exactly going on between Callie and Rafe"

"I'm dating him, JJ. We've been dating since we came back from California"

JJ walked towards Callie, and looked straight in her eyes. A tear fell down her cheek and she felt her heart shattering.

"You've always been a fucking Kook haven't you?" JJ lashed out on her, as a small sob came out of her mouth.

"How dare you-"

"I'm leaving, stay with your Kook apparently he makes you happier than we do," he argued, as she looked at Kiara with an empty gaze.

She didn't have enough energy left to fight and just let them go. Why was it always like this? Why did she have to be the one in the middle of this war?

When she was around kooks, she was the dirty pogue, and now when she was around pogues, she was nothing more than a kook. It was not fair.

She had just lost everything that mattered for her, and at this point in life, she couldn't tell how she would figure things out.

She bursted out in tears once JJ and Kie slammed the door, and Rafe steadied her. Rafe put her head against his chest and rubbed her hair, trying to comfort her.

She kept sobbing close to him for a few minutes. "I need you to calm down Cal"

Rafe tried to cool her down many times but she couldn't even breathe. "I- I-"

"Breathe with me okay? one two three : in," Rafe let a few seconds for her to breathe, "and out"

A few minutes later, her tears stopped falling down and she got away from Rafe.

"I'm sorry Cal. It's my fault"

"No it's not! He's an asshole he should respect who I love," she replied, wiping away her tears.

"We'll fix the situation okay? I don't want you to be sad. I'll- I'll help you alright ?"

"It's nice but please, Rafe, let me handle him alone. I'll talk to all of them tomorrow when everything is calmer"

Rafe stayed silent for a few and looked down at her, putting his hands on her tiny shoulders. "I gotta go to help my dad but I can come back afterwards if you need me to-"

"It's fine. I can stay alone and Coop's probably gonna come back home soon anyways," replied Callie, putting her own hands on his.

"I love you Sanders"

"I love you too Cameron," she kissed him and watched him leaving, tears coming back in her eyes.

But Rafe.

Oh if Rafe knew how bad that day would end up for Callie, he would've stayed.

She first thought a drink of vodka wouldn't kill her and would make her forget. But when it became more than a drink, no one could have stopped her anymore.

That day, when Cooper came back home, he thought he had lost his sister. In fact he didn't, she just needed some peace, and she found it in alcohol.

She slept early that night, JJ's words pounding inside her head but tears were no longer falling.

Sometimes she hoped it was just a nightmare, but her brother weirdly checking up on her every hour reminded her it wasn't. She knew Cooper didn't really care, but she also knew who he was checking up on her for.