C H A P T E R 32

PLANS

Callie had been awake for the past twenty minutes, looking at Rafe sleeping. He was truly a sight for sore eyes. He opened the eyes and she kissed his cheek. "Good morning baby"

"Can we sleep a little bit more?" he asked, to what she smiled. She was about to answer but Cooper showed up inside the room.

"Cal there's a call for you!" he gave her the phone as she sat on the bed, Rafe doing it too.

"Fuck, bro put on a t-shirt or something," Coop added, to what Rafe scoffed by a small laugh.

"Hello?" Callie asked.

"Hi, miss Callie Sanders?"

"It's me"

"I'm Mr Wilson's assistant, from Stanford University"

Cal's eyes went wide and she looked at her brother, as he was taking a sit on her desk chair.

"Oh yes sure"

"So, after looking carefully at your candidacy, we won't retain it. We're sorry but we have many applyments and we can't accept everyone"

Callie frowned a bit. "So that means I didn't get in?"

"Yes it's what it means. We're sorry and we wish you the best for your future"

"Ok but-" the lady hung up the phone, so Callie couldn't finish her sentence. She looked at the two men, and left out a sigh.

"Well, I didn't get in Stanford," she said, biting the inside of her cheek.

"No way," Coop said, getting up.

"What will you do then?" her boyfriend asked, still sitting next to her. She shrugged as only answer.

"I don't know I think I should start to work. As a waitress or a surf teacher I don't know but I need to help you financially"

"We're okay you don't need to-"

"Look Coop, I can see it's hard for you paying the house, the water, the electricity, plus provide us food, and everything. So really, it's okay, I can work"

"No it's not a good idea," Rafe said "look Cal you're brilliant at school, you can not just give up on your studies," he added.

"Well I'll let you guys talk about it," Coop left the room, awkward.

"Rafe.."

"You looked like being so motivated. Why don't you wanna try and apply to other universities? You miss so many opportunities"

"Rafe it's not about that. It's- look I changed my mind. I don't wanna leave the Outer banks. I wanna stay here with you, with my friends, with my brother"

"You know I'd follow you even in Japan or Italy right?" he asked, taking her hands into his.

"Rafe I know, it's just easier and especially for us if I stay here"

"Okay baby. I get it. It's okay we're staying here, if it's what you want," he opened his arms so she gave him a hug, resting her head on his shoulder.

"But is it okay for you?" she asked.

"You know as long as I'm with you I'm okay"

She smiled and ran her hand through his messy hair. "You'll have to deal with me for a little bit longer"

"Too bad," he joked, pushing her to lay flat on the bed.

"ouch"

"What's wrong?" he asked her.

"Nothing, just.. you know my bruises"

"Oh yeah sorry. Let me see them though," he stated, lifting up her t-shirt.

"It's not that bad it's just it hasn't healed yet" she said, while he was looking at her body cautiously.

"I know how to heal them," he looked at her, smiling. She knew he had an idea in mind, seen how cute he was.

He started kissing the bruise under her breasts, then the ones on her stomach. He put his lips on her skin not forgetting any of them. "Your skin's so soft babe"

She laughed and closed her eyes, focusing on his lips touching her skin. She loved him more than anything and his contact was giving her butterflies.

"Here, how do you feel?"

"It's a lot better" she smiled "thank you"

"Better than medicine?" he asked, laying flat next to her.

"Yup, but I think it needs to be an everyday therapy"

He kissed her lips slowly until it became rough, and got more on top of her, kissing her all over, biting her neck. "What are you doing Rafe?"

"Shh, let me take care of my girl"

-
-

writers note: sorry I changed a little the ending of this chapter, cause it was just not it.