C H A P T E R 24

EVEN MORE TEARS

"What can I do to help?" JJ asked, stroking her arm up and down with his fingers. She had been crying for the past three hours with him by her side.

He was now sitting on the edge of the bed, and she was laying, tears still falling down her cheeks. As his fingers were softly touching her skin, trying to calm her down, he figured it wasn't really working.

"You need to sleep it's getting late, do you.. I don't know do you want a bedtime story?"

She giggled to his words and he raised his arms in the air, victorious. "I made you smile! I did it!"

"I'm sorry Jay, I'm really sorry, about everything," she apologised, sitting more properly on her bed, looking at him.

"It's okay it's not your fault. And he doesn't deserve you to apologise for him," he left a silence and kept going. "He hit me and called you a bitch! Do you realise it?"

"Mm mm," she only agreed and looked at him.

"Would you mind staying over tonight?" she asked him.

"If you want me to, then there's no problem"

"Thank you Maybank," she replied as he left the room and came back with some pillows and blankets. He put them on the floor and started sitting down.

"Hey JJ, you're not sleeping on the ground.. We can share my bed, it's big enough for both of us and I won't bite you"

"You sure? sure you won't bite me?"

"You never know"

"Not that I'm against it though"

"Shut up Maybank," she laughed as he joined her in the bed and made himself comfortable.

JJ left out a sigh and looked at her, with compassion in his eyes. "You'll be fine without him. I promise we'll all be there for you and we'll love you a hundred times more than he could ever"

Callie smiled gently, thinking he was cute, but not forgetting friends and love life were two different things. Sure Kiara and the boys would help her not to mope around too much, but it didn't mean she would be fine.

"Better here than at home huh?" she referred to his abusive dad.

"Hell yeah," he replied "Where's James by the way?"

She shrugged "I haven't seen him since I got back home, must be at some Kook event cause he wasn't working today"

"He hit you pretty bad this morning didn't he?" JJ asked, facing her.

"He did," she only replied. "But it's nothing I couldn't handle"

"You're eighteen. You should leave this house, leave him, and be finally safe"

"Oh yeah? with what money?" she asked him, looking at him straight in the eyes. He left out a small laugh. "

You're a kook Cal. You have money"

"It's not so easy, it's not my money, and where would I even go? I'm not leaving any of you. I belong here"

"Yeah I understand. I would do the same"

"Goodnight JJ" she kissed his cheek as she said it.

"Goodnight" he fell asleep next to her quickly, but she didn't. She didn't want him to be next to her. She wished Rafe was there instead, holding and kissing her.

But now, they were over, for good and she'd have to cope. She couldn't mope around forever, she knew it.

After an hour of crying silently, making sure JJ next to her wouldn't hear, she felt his arms wrapping her from behind. "You need to sleep, please, don't cry"

"I don't want it to be over, JJ" she sobbed and he tightened his grip around her, holding her to sleep.

-
-

JJ left her house early in the morning, she was already awake anyways. He saw on her face she wasn't good, not good at all, but didn't pressure her with tons of questions.

Instead he hugged her for about an hour, gave her head kisses and left when the sobs subsided.

She was alone at home, got surprised to notice James still wasn't home. Didn't he get back yesterday?

Anyways she had promised Kie she would meet her at the wreck at noon.

Callie got out of her house and walked along the streets of figure eight, her eyes being so heavy from not sleeping but crying for so long.

"Hey!" she heard a voice behind her and turned around. Callie got surprised to see Sarah Cameron, running at her. "I've learnt what happened to you and my brother"

Callie bit her lip and contained her tears.

"I'm really sorry. Just know that he still cares about you. Really," added the blondie, before installing a silence. "Well, if you ever need me, you know where to find me"

"Thank you Sarah, that's really nice," Callie said as a car parked next to them. Topper got out of it, followed by Kelce and Cooper.

Seeing her brother with Topper had always hurt her, but she couldn't ask him to stop hanging out with him.

Of course if she was him, she wouldn't hang out with her little sister's rapist but they were two different humans being. She wasn't mad at him for it at all.

"Callie! I've been searching for you for years" her brother spoke, walking towards her.

"Is something wrong?" she asked.

"I'm taking you to the hospital"

"Why would you? I'm fine"

"Not for you, James got driven there. The doctors called me"

"Why wh- what happened?" she asked, panicked.

"Get in the car, I'm explaining what they told me on our way"

Callie sat on the passenger's seat, her heart beating fast. She hated to admit it but she was worried about her uncle.

"He did his shitty allergy again. Remember when we were kids and I had to call an ambulance?"

"Yes that's cause he took codeine"

"Exactly, well, he's allergic, and apparently he took some again. I wonder how did he get some"

"That's crazy," she replied, biting her nails. She was extremely stressed, wondering how would the future look like.

A silence made it's way inside the car and Callie noticed her brother looking at her from the corner of his eye. "What is it?"

"I've learnt about you and Rafe"

"Who told you?" she asked, a bit confused.

"Rafe did. He told me yesterday night at Jake's party"

Oh great so he was partying the night he got dumped. That showed how much he didn't care. How fast he got over her broke her even more. She felt like relapsing, and tears filled up her eyes.

"That's good he's doing okay, I'm happy he is, cause I'm not" she stated, looking through the window for Coop not to notice her tearful eyes.

"He wasn't okay at all Cal"

"Whatever," she snapped, not willing to talk about her ex-boyfriend no more, her heart shattering even more every time she was thinking about him.

"I hope James will be alright"

"I do too," she replied, once again catching herself worrying for someone she hated with her entire heart.