C H A P T E R 31

BRUISED

The first thing she saw when she woke up was blonde messy hair she loved a lot. The white led lights were hurting her eyes but she rubbed her eyes and saw everything less blurry.

JJ was sitting on the bed holding her hand, Kiara, Pope and John B were next to it. "Where am I?"

"You're at the hospital. Your car got hit by a tree remember?" answered JJ.

No of course she didn't. She just remembered being in the car with Rafe.

Suddenly her heartbeat became faster, she felt like fainting and moved to sit on her bed. "Hey take it easy, you haven't entirely recovered"

"Where's Rafe?" she asked, not paying attention to JJ's words. "Where is he? is he okay?"

"Calm down Cal, he's fine. He woke up a few days ago," Kiara said, getting closer.

"What do you mean by a few days ago? How long have I been unconscious?"

"It's been 6 days Cal, we all thought it was ov-" John B started saying, before she cut him off.

"And you stayed here?"

"We visited you every day. You never leave a pogue behind"

Callie smiled at them and thanked them for being here. She couldn't believe what had just happened was real, but more than that, all she could think of was Rafe.

"JJ cried," Pope laughed.

"No I didn't"

"Yes he did. He didn't want to leave the room so he even fell asleep holding your hand"

"Wow JJ, thank you, that's cute," Callie joked, as JJ blushed a bit.

A silence made it's way in the room and Callie got anxious again.

"Can I see him?" she asked, simultaneously as a nurse made her way inside the room.

"Right after the check up" the lady said, with a rude tone.

"How do you know who I'm talking about?" asked Callie, quite surprised.

"Your boyfriend has been harassing me for the past few days to stay with you, I guess you're talking about him"

The others bursted out in laugh as Callie left out a giggle. "How horrible do I look?" she asked JJ, as he was the closest.

"You're okay"

Callie said goodbye to her friends and submitted a check up from the nurse.

After ten minutes it was done so the nurse closed the door without a word and left Callie alone. She sat on her bed and grabbed her phone, to look at herself.

Oh god

She had never felt so ugly in her life. She had a bruise covering her temple, and a cut on her lip. Usually, she covered the marks with makeup, but now wasn't the same.

The door opened and Rafe came in, smiling, with bruises on his face too. He still looked good and it seemed like his bruises had healed a little bit.

"Rafe!!" she opened her arms as he ran towards her bed and jumped carefully on her.

"Callie!!" he replied, softly as he wrapped his arms around her.

They hugged in silence for many minutes, before Callie felt something cold against her hospital gown. "Are you crying?"

He looked at her and she noticed his tears, so she smiled and kissed him for many seconds. "I've just been so scared to loose you, you know?"

"Hey it's fine, I'm here, and I'm okay. How are you? you got hit pretty bad"