C H A P T E R 21

BIRTHDAY

It had been over a week since Rafe had called JJ, and things actually went particularly well. Callie found time to help the Carrera's at the wreck several days, she surfed with John B and JJ and even helped Pope studying.

She sneaked out by her window many times at night, going at the Cameron's and secretly meeting Rafe. Yet, her uncle didn't find out about it so she was completely safe.

When she entered the living room that morning, Cooper immediately got up from the couch. "She's eighteen!! Happy birthday little sister"

He hugged her a few seconds and she thanked him. "Happy birthday," her uncle wished too, coming from behind.

It was already a lot he wished it to her, so she smiled at him and thanked him.

Kiara said she would pick her up at 12 so she put on her swimsuit, and a dress over it. She heard a knock on the door and her uncle immediately rushed to open it.

"Hi Mr Sanders, could I borrow your niece and drive her back tonight?" Kiara offered and it was really risky from her. Her uncle had always hated the pogues.

He only nodded and walked towards Callie who was a few steps away.

"If you're not back by midnight, you'll regret it, eighteen or not," he whispered in her ear, making sure she'd be the only one hearing.

"Bye," she waved at her brother, ignoring her uncle.

Callie walked out the house, closed the door and Kiara jumped on her. "Happy birthday!"

While driving, she kept talking about how being eighteen must be cool, must set you free and allow you to do everything you want. Callie of course replied it didn't change a shit from the day before.

"The boys couldn't come so we're having a girls day and then we're going at the chateau okay?" announced Kie, parking and getting out of the car.

"Yay looks fun"

The girls spent the afternoon surfing, laughing and talking about boys.

"And I gotta tell you, JJ told me he-"

"I know Kie, I'm the one who encouraged him doing it," explained Callie, sitting and looking at her friend.

"I just, only love him as a friend you know? I mean, he's attractive and of course I used to have a little crush on him, give me one girl who never crushed on him after all"

Callie raised her hand to what the pair laughed.

"For you it's different Cal, you've known him before me, but you can't pretend he's not-"

"Oh no of course, he's good looking. He's just my friend, I could never date him"

"Same goes for me," agreed Kie, looking at Callie.

Sometimes they were both glad they had a girl to talk to. Being around boys all the time was good, they couldn't deny it, but it wasn't the same.

Once it was 6pm, they packed their belongings and head back to the car, to reach the chateau.

When they arrived, Callie immediately noticed fairy lights, and big letters writing « Happy birthday Cal » on the chateau's wall, and she found it cute.

She smiled at Kie and the girl only shrugged, innocently. "There she is," JJ spoke, getting up from the hammock and walking towards her.

"Happy birthday gorgeous," he hugged her and she left a small kiss on his temple as she saw the two other boys coming. The pair simultaneously wished her an happy birthday and she got a group hug from them.