C H A P T E R 22

KOOK DAY

"How's my girl?"

Coming back home, the precedent night, Callie got hit, for a long time. James took her by the hair, punched her stomach and her nose, so bad it ended up bleeding.

Dirty little bitch

He swore many times, telling her how she was useless. "You know you deserve it don't you?" he even pointed a knife at her, but didn't use it.

She hated the fact Cooper wasn't home. He was never home when she needed him anyways.

She was now with Rafe, after he asked her to meet him at the entrance of the country club she walked there. "I'm good," she said and kissed his cheek.

"Come on, follow me we're going at the golf area. Appreciate your kook day," he said, holding her hand.

"Yay" she was excited spending it all with her boyfriend.

She hated the kook life but she loved her boyfriend more than anything, so she could deal with it easily.

They spent an hour or two golfing, laughing about how bad she was at this and debating whether it was a sport or not.

"Watch me, final shot," teased Rafe, placing himself properly. "I'm sending the ball so far away, nobody ever finds it again okay?"

"I'm watching"

Rafe indeed shot the ball far away, impressing his girlfriend. She laughed and he faced her, proud. "So?"

"I still see it over there though, behind th-" she tried to joke but he took her by the waist and raised her in the air, then over his shoulder.

"Rafe put me down" she laughed, as he turned around in circle.

"Not until you admit I'm the best"

"You're so full of yourself Cameron," she tried to get him off her but couldn't. "I'm gonna throw up on your polo if you don't put me down now"

"Say it" he kept tickling her and carrying her.

"Stop I-" she laughed, as his fingers were driving her crazy. "Fine. You're-you're the best"

He left out a sigh of victory and put her back on the floor. "Let me take you somewhere else," he instructed, to what she followed him. They head back to the car and got inside it.

"Have you ever been to a drive-in cinema?" asked Rafe, starting driving.

"Never," she replied.

"Then your first time's gonna be with me"

They drove towards it and Callie smiled, looking through the window. Rafe didn't miss it though. "Why are you smiling?"

"Rafe," she turned and faced him. "Is it a date?"

Rafe laughed, which she didn't expect and she felt awkward. Yes maybe it was a dumb question cause they were a couple and had already been to many dates before thinking about it.

She felt her cheeks redden. "Sorry it's dumb I'm just not used to my-"

"Hey Sanders, it's fine, of course it's a date. Let's consider it our first date as a couple"

"Oh yeah," she replied, as they arrived at the place. Rafe bought tickets and snacks, before heading a parking spot.

The movie playing was an old comedy from the 70's called Slap Shot. Callie knew it and loved it. She used to watch it every time she went at John B's when she was a kid. It was Big John's favorite comedy so it always had a special place in her heart.