Chapter 2

Tireni dropped me off at the Maryland mall in Yaba, Lagos and told me to be careful before he drove off.

"Babe, I'm inside the mall, where are you?" I asked as I dialed Eniobafe's number for the third time. I loathed long waits and he knew it.

"Turn around, I'm right behind you" He said and I rolled my eyes because, there was no way I'd look back and see him immediately because of the crowd at the mall.

The mall is not usually this crowded on Wednesdays and I wondered what was going on but I looked back all the same and guess what, I DIDN'T SEE HIM

"Guy, come on, I'll go see the movie without you oh" I threatened and before I could say anything, a palm covered my eyes and I dropped my phone because the person, put their fucking finger in my eyes.

"What the fuck man" I shouted, I didn't even care that I was creating a scene, I couldn't see. But the hand wouldn't budge so I went for a gentler approach.

"Eniobafe, take your fucking hand off my face, you put your finger in my eyes" I said as I tried to remove the hand from my face. I noticed that it didn't feel like Eniobafe's hand and I'm not gonna lie, I got scared. 

Then, all of a sudden, I was yanked away violently; everything was fuzzy, but I could still make out Eniobafe's face and I could tell he was a bit angry.

"The fuck were you doing with my girlfriend" Eniobafe asked.

I squeezed my eyes shut before opening them again and my vision was clear enough for me to see the other guy's face, he was very attractive, and he was white, sort of, but definitely not Nigerian.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know she's yours" He shrugged lazily. Yup, definitely not Nigerian, his accent is heavenly, and I quickly picked my phone from the floor to record in case he spoke again. I'm crazy, I know

"That doesn't explain why you were touching her" Eniobafe was angry now probably because the guy was being nonchalant.

"Yeah, you shouldn't go around touching people without their consent. That's violation" I chipped in

"Well, I'm sorry, but I couldn't help myself" The guy smiled

"And what's that supposed to mean?" Eniobafe asked already clutching his fingers, ready to deliver a punch.

Honestly, if a fight started, I didn't know who'd survive, both guys were really muscular, and I'd seen Eniobafe fight before; he was ruthless and the other guy looked like he could fight as well. I quickly started recording to show Luke and Zuriel, my friends.

He pointed at me "Your girlfriend is really beautiful and I was wondering why she was standing alone in..." He wasn't allowed to finish what he was going to say because Eniobafe punched him hard.

I screamed because it was so sudden and although I expected it, it happened so fast.

Eniobafe came closer to him, seething, as the other guy smirked and touched his bleeding lips.

I knew I had to stop the fight before it got too serious because as nice and caring as Eniobafe was, he got jealous easily and had serious anger issues and he wouldn't stop punching that guy till he was unconscious.

"Eni...Enioba stop, calm down. Please" I begged him as I held his shoulder. And thankfully, he looked away and actually calmed down.

"Let's go," Eniobafe whispered, taking my hand in his and gently drawing me away. Meanwhile, the other guy watched us oddly. When I looked back as Eniobafe dragged me, he looked kind of sad. Well, he would be sad, he got beat up.

Eniobafe paid for the movie and bought our popcorn and drinks as I waited at the side. We went into the theatre and sat down before my phone chimed and I saw it was a message from Desire, one of my friends.

Desire: 😭😭

Myself: What's wrong

Desire: I'm so dumb

Myself: What happened?

It was five minutes after and Desire had not yet replied so I started getting worried.

"Hey, I need to call Desire. I think something is wrong." I quickly told Eniobafe. He glanced at me for a moment as if he hadn't heard what I was saying, and I had to repeat myself.

"I'm going outside to call Desire." I stood up with just my phone and was about going out before Eniobafe pulled me roughly against himself and kissed me.

"What was that for?" I frowned at him, already irritated.

"I'm just trying to show the world that you are mine" He answered arrogantly with a smirk.

"And the world you are trying to show is in this almost empty theatre?" I asked sarcastically and left without looking at his reaction. I had no idea why I suddenly felt so irritated. I started to think agreeing to go out with him that day was a bad idea. My phone vibrated and I almost smiled when I saw that it was Desire.

"Babe, I was just about calling, I even came out" I quickly told her before she accused me of not caring

"Oh really, thanks. I'm so sad, can you imagine what that idiot did to me" She ranted, and I already knew who the idiot was without asking.

"I thought you guys broke up and you promised that was the end?" I sighed.

She has been in an on and off relationship with this guy, Joe, for like a year now. She'd always come to me after they'd 'broken up, but she'd never tell me when they come back together. I'd probably just see a recent picture of them and I'd ask her and she'd be like "Oh we started dating again a week ago" and I'm like bitch, I know it's supposed to be none of my business but you've made it my business, so you don't just come to me for advice when you break up and you'd go running back to him like some lost puppy, making my advise useless.

But, of course, I'd say all of that in my head because Desire could be nasty, and as sarcastic as I might be, I did not want to get on her bad side.

"Yes, I know I did, but you know, he came begging me and I had to accept him." She hiccupped. She sounded incredibly stupid with that statement, and I was tempted to just curse her out and hang up.

"So, what exactly happened?" I asked uninterested

"He's been dating my best friend for a while now. I saw their chat" Surprised, but not so surprised, I made a 'hmm' sound to let her know I was listening.

"Apparently, they've been dating since our first break up. That hoe" She slurred

"Wow, that's terrible" I said feigning sadness "I just hope this is enough proof that Joe isn't good for you"

"Don't ever mention his name in front of me again" She whined

"Alright, Look see, I'll call you later, Enioba is waiting for me"

"Alright, bye" She said and I hung up before she could finish or start another sentence.

As much as I love Desire, she gets on my fucking nerves, and I don't even know what to do with her.

As I walked back to the theatre, I felt a pair of eyes watching me but when I turned around, no one was there, just an empty hallway with a closed door by the left. "Blood of Jesus" I muttered as I quickly ran back to the theater.

What do you all think about this chapter?
I know it's slow but it'll get bette
r 😊
🌹T