Chapter 5

Tiaraoluwa's POV

My alarm went off, and I jerked up at the loud noise; I didn't remember setting the alarm but then my thoughts were still in jumbles.

I quickly turned to turn it off, only to realize it was my phone. With a sigh, I took my phone from my bedside table to see who had called, and I had a wild guess that it was Enioba. But when I looked at the screen, it was a non-Nigerian number that I didn't recognize. I let it ring while contemplating picking it or not. It stopped ringing, and I was going to put my phone on airplane mode when it started ringing again. Then I picked it on the third ring, but I didn't say anything.

"Oh, thank goodness, I was beginning to think this was a wrong number"

"Yeah, I think this is actually a wrong number. Do you know what time it is" I asked, almost shouting.

"Feisty as I remember"

"I'm hanging up now" I said ready to hang up until I heard him shout my name. Although, he didn't get the pronunciation, I became curious.

"That's the wrong pronunciation, how do you know my name" I asked, a little suspicious.

"I'm sorry about that. The name's Jace" He answered, trying to avoid my question

"I don't care, how did you get my contact and how the fuck do you know my name"

"Your boyfriend mentioned it" He said. And I put two and two together

"Oh, so you are the guy from the mall" I muttered "But that still doesn't explain how you got my number"

"I wanted to apologize for what happened earlier today, I don't know what came over me" He apologized

"And there you go avoiding the question again. Apology accepted; can I go back to sleep?" I asked already feeling bored from the conversation

"I'm sorry for calling you at this time but I swear I didn't expect it to go through" He said not sounding the least apologetic.

"Yeah, sure you are. But if you didn't expect it to go through, then why'd you call?" I asked

"I just wanted to try my luck. That's by the way anyways. Would you like to meet up, perhaps for coffee"?

"No" I replied without hesitating

"That's not fair, you didn't even think about it"

"I just did, and my answer is still no" I said. I hated that I felt my mouth tilting up, I mean he's cute. I pressed my lips together quickly.

"Come on a little coffee won't hurt" he tried again

"Dude do you realize that this Nigeria. We don't go out or meet for coffee, it's too hot out there". I whispered shouted.

"I'm sorry I forgot." He chuckled,

I was about to respond when I heard a knock on my door, I panicked, hoping it wasn't my mum. She hated midnight calls. I'm not sure if it had anything to do with spirituality, but she didn't just like it. I quickly put on the shirt I had thrown on the floor before going to bed.

Then I remember that my mum would never knock on my door before opening it.

"Who is it?" I asked, momentarily forgetting Jace.

My door opened and Tireni peeped in, smiling.

"Can I come in?" He asked still smiling

I narrowed my eyes at him but motioned for him to enter with a nod. Then I noticed that he was formally dressed, wearing a navy-blue shirt with the first two buttons open.