Chapter 9

Tiaraoluwa's POV

"She's awake" someone whispered.

My eyes finally opened, and I almost winced at the brightness, but it wasn't too uncomfortable. A glass of water was hastily shoved into my hands by Jace, and I muttered a quick 'thank you' in response, no matter how raspy it sounded.

When I finished my drink, I looked up to find Jace, Molly, and a strange new face all looming over Hunter's bed studying me, and as much as I'd love to ignore it, my heart ached at the fact that Hunter was absent, but I hid it as much as I could.

Molly was the first to break the silence. "You had us worried, Are you okay?" She asked.

I didn't want to answer her question, so I tried standing up from the bed.

"Hey, hey don't stand, you're still weak" Jace panicked

"Can I at least get something to eat? I'm famished" I said to no one in particular as I laid down back on the bed.

"I'll quickly fix you something" Molly said, dragging the 'new face' with her and bustled out of the room.

I turned to face Jace and noticed that he was still shirtless.

"What happened to your shirt?" I asked

"I forgot about it when I saw you struggling" he breathed

"What happened to me?"

"You had a panic attack. You said you weren't going to freak out"

I snorted "Panic attack? Never heard that one before"

I'd only ever heard it in Hollywood movies or books. Never seen or heard of a black person experiencing a panic attack. But, hey, I'm sure if any black person had been kidnapped and then seen a real-life werewolf, a panic attack wouldn't be a big deal.

Molly appeared shortly after with a tray of food, which she placed on the bed. I didn't realize how hungry I was until I began to eat.

"This is nice, Molly, thank you"

"You're welcome" She said, as her lips curved upwards into a small smile.

I ate in silence for a while, and I could feel Molly and Jace staring at me. Clearing my throat, I told them what I had concluded in my mind.

"I want to leave here and go home" I said, my head down because for some reason, I couldn't bear to see their expression.

"Why?" Jace finally asked after a moment of silence.

"What do you mean why, I was kidnapped! Isn't that enough reason for me to want to return home?" I bellowed

"Yes, it is but I thought I gave you another reason to stay" he reasoned

"You really thought that would make me want to stay?"

"Yes"

"Perhaps then maybe I would have reconsidered if it has been the motherfucking idiot who claimed to be my soulmate here trying to convince me to stay instead of you" I yelled

Sighing, Jace crouched in front of me, holding my hands, "Hunter has a lot on his plate right now, he is going through a lot. I hope you understand"

"No, I do not understand, and do you think I do not have responsibilities as well?" I asked, dazed

"This is so not fair. Y'all seem to think this is right. It was me, who was taken away from my family and no one is even on my side. All you guys have been doing since I woke up is justifying Hunter's action. It's really unfair" I dropped my head, trying to hide the tears that threatened to fall.

Molly, who had been passive, pulled me into an embrace.

"Everything is going to be okay" She cooed

"It's not going to be" I sniffed and pulled away. "Because even my so-called soulmate clearly has someone he loves"

"They've been together since they were kids, so it's understandable that he loves her..."

"Is that supposed to make me feel better?" I snapped at her

"...but he's never going to be able to love her more than you. You just need to step up" Molly advised

"I don't think that's fair, they've been together for a long time" I argued.

I mean if I've been with someone for that long, I'm not going to allow anyone, mate or whatever to take him away from me.

"All is fair in love and war my dear" Molly reassured

"Moreover, Hunter might die if you leave now" Jace interjected

"What!!" I shrieked "What sort of messed up thing is that?"

"He needs you to be stronger and you also need him"

"No, I don't. I was fine before I met him" I said slowly

"That's the point, before you met him. If you leave now, you're going to be in severe pain every full moon until you finally mate. It is called heat,"

"What? "Heat? What are we? Animals?" I asked, shocked "Oh right that's true, you're kinda animals" I taunted

"I'll have you know now that werewolves are quick-tempered and impetuous, so be careful of your choice of words" Molly stated

"Sorry" I apologized casually

"Regardless, just stay, please, for you, Hunter and our pack. We need you". Jace pleaded

Hesitantly, I nodded. "Alright, how about we make a deal...."

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow😊

🌹T