Chapter 10

Tiaraoluwa's POV

I nodded hesitantly. "All right, let's strike a deal..."

The door opened, interrupting me and my sexy kidnapper walked in looking exhausted.

"Hunter" Molly greeted, bowing slightly

"Please, excuse us" Hunter said, staring at me.

Molly walked away from the bed, picking up the tray and plates.

"Please don't leave me with him," I pleaded as I immediately grasped Jace's hand.

"Hey, remember what I told you. He isn't going to hurt you. He could never hurt you" Jace whispered, trying to reassure me.

I stole a glance at Hunter and his brows creased angrily, I guess he didn't like the fact that I didn't trust him.

I looked at Jace again, shaking my head

He sighed, "I'll be right outside the door, if he does anything you do not like just yell. No matter how low it is, I'll hear it. Okay?"

Hunter growled at Jace. If looks could kill, Jace would have been six feet under. I let go of Jace's hand and he left with Molly.

Silence

No one said anything, Hunter just kept staring at me, which was rather uncomfortable by the way. I shifted awkwardly on the bed, my eyes everywhere but on him.

"Do you mind me sitting next to you on the bed?" He finally asked

"Yes" I gulped

Sighing, he said "Alright, I'm just going to sit on that." He indicated the sofa on the opposite side of the bed.

I moved my legs up and backed away a little bit as he effortlessly dragged the chair closer to me.

Frowning slightly, he cleared his throat

"How are you feeling?" He asked gently.

I looked up at him and found him still staring at me

"I'm sorry for kidnapping you" He apologized

"Yeah well, I do not accept your apology." I whispered

"I'm sorry, I really am. But I do not regret it" He stated

"Asshole" I cried as I leapt up the bed and headed towards the door. He quickly pulled me back to him, holding my hand pleadingly, I gasped as I looked at where our skin touched, sparks ignited.

"Please" He breathed, leaning in close

"Please what?" I caught myself asking. I quickly tugged my hand out of his grasp. I couldn't think straight with him touching me.

"Listen to what I have to say" He urged again; his gorgeous eyes fixed on me. Again, I found myself nodding. He led me to the bed and sat on the sofa, this time, closer to me.

"I'm a werewolf" He started "Werewolves are creatures of the Moon goddess. The werewolf community has like a monarch-style government."

I snickered but quickly apologized when he looked at me curiously

"Sorry, go on"

He sighed, "There is a hierarchy, the Alpha; the head of the pack, followed by the Beta; the second in command, then the head of the pack warriors; the Gamma, the pack members and the Omegas; the Pack's lowest. I'm the Alpha of this pack and Jace is the Beta"

He stopped to make sure I was still listening. Sincerely I was a little perplexed, but I decided to go with the flow

"Alright, Mr. Alpha I get it, but where do I come in" I asked slowly