Chapter 1

Tiaraoluwa's POV

"Tiara, I'm leaving for work now" My mum said curtly as she opened my door, waking me from my sleep. "Okay, bye" I replied and was ready to fall asleep again when she decided to ruin the mood.

"Come and open the gate for me" She shouted and walked away.

I mean, I get it, our gate man had an emergency at his house and had to return home but she went past my older brother and sister's room, and she didn't wake them up. The maid is downstairs, and she could simply open the gate for my mum but no, my mum just loves me so much.

"Tiaraoluwa, are you okay, you are delaying me" My mum yelled and this time, there was anger in her voice. I hurriedly dressed in my pajama's short and a blouse and ran downstairs

"Sorry, I had to dress up" I apologized casually

"Of course, you had too" My mum said eyeing me "I still don't get why you sleep naked"

"It's comfortable and we are not talking about how I sleep" I replied matching her tone. My mum can be annoying, she wants to be in charge of everything and I'm like 'bitch, you cannot control everything' so we end up having issues.

"Sha wa shi gate fun mi kin jade" (Meaning: Whatever, come and open the gate for me and let me go out). I carried her bags to her car and opened the gate and she left

"Finally, fresh air" I I muttered to myself as I shut the gate. I walked quickly to my room to continue my beauty rest.

"Tiara" A small voice called me, causing me to turn around. I saw Teni, my four year old sister crying while holding her teddy bear.

"T, what's wrong" I whispered as I carried her into my room. "Did you have a bad dream?" I asked and she nodded already dozing off. I smiled at how adorable she was and carefully placed her on my bed.

********************************************************************

"Hey, good morning" I greeted my sister as I got down.

"You should have slept in the whole day" Temilade, my elder sister replied sarcastically before glancing at me.

"I wish" I said, as I picked a bunch of grapes from the dining table's fruit basket. "I slept late, and you know, as usual, mummy wakes me up when she is leaving for work" I answered

"It's both of your business on that one. I'm just glad she doesn't do that to me." Temi laughed lightly.

"Whatever, I'm tired. I just can't wait to finish university and leave this house for her"

"See this one oh, guy, I'm working but I still have to come here once in a while especially during the holidays" she argued

"I hate this life" I mumbled

"Hey babe" Tirenioluwa, my brother pecked me. I'm pretty close to my brother. We really vibe even though our age gap is much. He is 29 years old while I'm only 20. He graduated early and is doing well for himself. He's following in my father's footsteps. I only hope he doesn't blindly follow it and makes time for his loved ones. He is engaged to Nadav, the love of his life and I hope things work out for them.

"Oh, yeah, I was just telling Tiara how she is never really free from mum" Temi gushed and Tireni snickered

"You guys should just drop it jare" I rolled my eyes

"But you already know it's true. Although I know how mum can be I think it is best to just not let her words get in. Just like you always do" Tireni advised, and I sighed, because I knew he was right.

"And where is my lovely sister going" He asked after a while, trying to lift my mood

"I'm going out with Eniobafe" I murmured knowing how much my brother despised him

"I'm not going to say much but I can't wait for you guys to break up" He stood up quickly and I was sure he felt the glare I directed at him with my spoon halfway in the air. "Come on, I'll give you a ride" He added

"The only reason I'm going with you is so I can save my money" I replied monotonously. I knew he wasn't going to apologize because he felt I was under some kind of spell for dating someone so temperamental. And yeah, I know Enioba has a really nasty temper, but he is an absolute sweetheart, when he is not angry.

"Lola, we are done" Tireni called our maid to clear the plates

"Okay sir" She answered

"Ehm, Teni is in my room if anyone is looking for her" I said to no one in particular and then added "Lola, if she doesn't come down by, let's say 12 because this is..." I paused to check the time on my wristwatch, "...10:45, go and wake her up, she hasn't eaten oh abeg, feed my baby well"

"Okay ma" Lola smiled and started clearing the table

"Let's go" Tireni held my elbow and pulled me gently outside and we entered his car before we realized that someone has to go open the gate.

"Ooooh, this gateman needs to come back fast" I grumbled and stepped out while my brother chuckled and started the car.

🤭There we go, the first chapter. Let me know how you feel.
🌹T