Chapter 12

Tiaraoluwa's POV

"Damn, this is beautiful" I exclaimed

"I know right, the artist truly outdid herself" Jace whispered with a small smile.

Since Hunter was obviously too busy to give me a tour of his 'kingdom', Jace decided to do the honors the next day.

We were currently on the second floor in the east wing, where most of the pack activities took place.

"The colours in these artworks are good enough to eat. Do you know the artist?" I asked, my gaze drawn to the beautiful artworks on the hallway.

He grimaced, "Yeah"

"Oh, who is she? Can I meet her" I asked excited.

I had never really met a real artist, at least not one as talented as this one.

"Megan" He replied monotonously

I turned around to see if Megan was still there, but the corridor was empty.

"Mhm?" I questioned

He sighed, "Megan is the artist"

I stared at Jace, waiting for him to smile and tell me that it was just a joke but after a few seconds of awkward silence, I realized he was serious.

"Oh" I mumbled

I looked at the painting we were standing across. It appeared to be a war between wolves, most likely werewolves. It was brutal but beautiful. Megan really poured out her heart in it.

"It breathtaking. I can't even badmouth it. She's good, like really good" I was in awe

Jace chuckled but stopped abruptly. I turned to him slowly, he was still standing but he didn't appear to be there. His eyes were glazed over and he had this far away look on his face.

I poked his arm hesitantly, preparing to run if it came to that. He blinked and looked down at me meekly

"T, I'm really sorry, I got to go. Hunter just called for an urgent meeting, duty calls"

I looked at him skeptically, "You know if you wanted to leave, you could have just said so, you didn't need to lie"

"What? I'm not making this up"

"Okay, so how did Hunter call for this urgent meeting" I asked making sure to put the air quote on the 'call'

I continued questioning Jace. "Because I'm pretty sure your phone didn't ring and nobody actually came here. Or did someone come and I didn't see because I'm not a werewolf?" I asked, then I realized something "Do you guys even know what a phone is?"

Jace laughed loudly, "Come on T, give us some credit. Of course, we do, we don't just use it as often as humans. We have a mindlink that is similar to...hmm"

"...basically, a mental phone, yeah" he shrugged.

"That...that's kinda cool. You'll tell me more about it later" I smiled

"Yeah, sure. I've got to go. I'll see you around"

I waved at him and watched him jog out till I couldn't see him any longer.

I looked at the other paintings briefly before continuing the tour on my own.

I walked past the in-house training room with just a few people training in it. The gym was vacant but large and when I looked through the window, I saw the most beautiful garden I'd ever seen. I rushed out to find the garden but something to my left diverted my attention. I walked into the room, and I couldn't help but drool -literally.