Chapter 13

☝Memories follow me left and right

I can feel you over here, I can feel you over here, you take up every corner of my mind

What ya gon' do now?😉

HUNTER'S POV

"Alpha, we need you to stay by her side to relieve the pain." Kelvin, the pack doctor said

"Are there no anesthetics or whatever to do that?" I asked, frowning slightly

"No, we've run out of it for a while now but since we didn't really need it, I didn't bother with it" He answered

I sighed deeply as I rubbed my forehead. I could feel a headache coming on. I walked with him to the ward where Tiara was.

The moment the door opened, she jumped, scared but visibly relaxed when she saw it was just Kelvin and I

Her hand gently pressed on the injured area as she cried, attempting to stop the blood that was still oozing from the wound.

"Can you do something about this fast?" she whimpered, her face wet from sweat and tears as she stared at Kelvin,

"Sorry about that but we do not have any anesthetics..."

"What?" She screamed but then winced when she realized it only made her injury more painful.

"That's why Alpha is here; physical contact with your mate can lessen or even eliminate any pain" Kelvin continued, as he moved to start his work.

"What are you doing" She yelled at me. "Come here and touch me" She reached out a hand covered in blood to me.

I immediately walked towards her, taking her hands in mine. It was the first time she willingly let me touch her.

She was quiet all through until halfway through the treatment when she registered that she actually didn't feel any pain.

"This is unreal. I can barely feel the pain." She said with a small smile as Kelvin started stitching her up. Her wound was apparently deeper than we thought.

"Why did you destroy her work?" I asked her curtly.

She paused, as if surprised by the question or my tone before returning her gaze back to her injury which Kelvin had nearly finished stitching.

Just when I thought she wouldn't answer the question, she replied.

"I didn't do it on purpose, I wasn't expecting anyone to be there. She yelled, and it slipped. I'm not blaming her by the way. I already apologized to her, but she was already pissed and just kept hauling insults at me"

"So, you decided that stabbing her would make her shut up." Even as I said it, I knew how ridiculous it sounded.

Kelvin looked up immediately after I said that most likely shocked that I would ask that. He cleared his throat

"Done" He said with a tight-lipped smile. "However, you'll have to come in twice daily to check it out" He added

She nodded, "Thank you so much Kelvin"

"That's not a problem Luna. You are most welcome" He smiled again, bowing slightly to Tiara and I and then he walked away, leaving us alone.

"I know you don't know much about me, but I can't believe you would assume that I did that" She mused.

"That's what Megan said" I replied

"You really believe that? You believe that I took the glass and stabbed it deep into her collar bone? Why the fuck would I do such a thing? She did it to herself. That girl is delusional" She said, bemused.

I sighed, "Well that's not what she is saying, you stabbed her then slipped"

"And do you believe that?" She asked again

"I don't know, she has never done that before. Megan cares about this pack so much, she wouldn't sabotage our chance with you, our Luna" I said, not sure if I was reassuring myself or her.

She nodded her head slowly as if finally understanding something.

"Well, you've clearly chosen a side and I understand, honestly I do but I still think it's unfair." She said it calmly, but I could smell the tears starting to form. She closed her eyes and breathed in and out through her mouth before making her next statement.

"I'd like to leave and go to my room now if that's all" She smiled sadly.

I wanted to apologize but I couldn't bring myself to.

I wanted to believe Tiara, but it was her words against Megan's. I'd known Megan for more than 20 years; it was hard to doubt her words.

I walked her out of the pack hospital and into my room where she was currently staying at, with obvious difficulty. I offered to carry her, but it was clear she didn't want my help from my first try.

"Thanks for walking me. I'm sorry I'm being such a nuisance"

"No, you're not" I corrected her immediately. She nodded and shut the door.

I turned to leave but stopped when I heard the door open again.

"Megan has never done this before because you have never brought your 'mate' home" She said softly

"Tiara" I muttered but she shut the door before I could get any word out.

I squeezed my eyes shut groaning in frustration

**************************************************

Thank you for reading😊
Don't forget to vote, comment and follow❤

🌹T