Chapter 6

Tiaraoluwa's POV

"Tiara, wake up, wake up, wake up" Teni, yelled in a sing song voice as she jumped on my bed.

"Stop it" I groaned. This was a terrible wake up call. I'd rather deal with my alarm clock than this.

"What did you say?" She asked in her baby voice, still jumping.

It had been two days since Tireni left and two days since I last heard from Jace, although I did see his missed call last night, I didn't have the strength to call back and I didn't see the need to.

"Come on Teni, today is Saturday". I sat up, I sat up, my back against the headboard. "How come you're up so early?" I asked, holding her down. Her continuous jumping was giving me a headache. She just giggled, probably thinking I was trying to play with her.

"Where's mum? Go and disturb her jare"

"Mummy is not around, let us go and eat. I want your pancake" She said smiling and I couldn't help but smile back

"Okay. Let me dress up"

Our mum is not around much so I'm practically Teni's mum. Sometimes I just wonder why my mum got pregnant again when she clearly doesn't have the time to care for a little child then I look at Teni and I can't help but feel so much love for her. She's like a breath of fresh air.

My older siblings and I spent more time with nannies than our mother. But we still saw her about twice a week.

Teni hardly ever saw our mother. She sees her about three times a month when school starts, but during holidays like this, she doesn't see her.

There are times when I think my mum regrets keeping Teni so I try to be a mum to her.

My older siblings adore her as well, but they are too busy, and the age difference is too much for them to really enjoy her company.

"Pass me the baking powder" I said, extending my hand to Teni.

"This one?" She pointed to the baking soda

"No, the other one" I said, and she passed me the baking powder.

We were both covered in flour since Teni thought that it'd be fun to make flour rain. Well unfortunately, that meant extra work for me since I gave our maid, Lola the day off.

"Let's fry it now, I can't wait to eat it" she exclaimed, her face beaming.

"Okay, Okay bring out the fry pan" I laughed, still mixing the batter.

"Take, I'm going to watch Netflix" She dropped the fry pan on the floor and ran away before I could even say anything. Shaking my head, I picked up the fry pan and started frying.

••••••••

Teni and I were in the sitting room together. She was watching her cartoon and trying to explain to me what was going on and I was pretending to understand what she was saying because I could hardly even hear what she was saying only laughing when she laughed and acting shocked when she did.

My phone rang and it was Tireni

"Hey" I greeted, putting the phone on speaker.

"Hey, what's up, how's it going" He asked, his voice hoarse.

"Tireni" Teni screamed, almost knocking over my phone.

Laughing, he said "Girl, you have such powerful lungs, there'd hear you all the way from France"

"Let me see your face" She urged, yanking my phone away from me, unconcerned about what Tireni said, if she heard him at all.

"Okay, let me video call you" He said and ended the voice call, calling back in two minutes.