Chapter 8

👆I listened to this song while I was writing this chapter: Giveon- heartbreak anniversary💜

Jace's POV

"Oh shit, I forgot to get her a spare cloth" I said to Molly as I hurried back up to Hunter's room, hoping Tiara was still in the bathroom.

I went through Hunter's closet and chose a sweatshirt and pants to put on the bed before heading outdoors.

Going through Hunter's closet, I picked a sweatshirt and pants and placed it on the bed before turning to go outside.

Tiara emerged from the bathroom wearing only a towel. When she saw me, she yelled, visibly shaken. I quickly rushed to her and placed my palm over her mouth.

"The fuck are you shouting for?" I exclaimed.

If Hunter heard her scream and found me here, he'd have my head before listening to any explanation.

"mmmmm" She attempted to say something

"What?" I asked, forgetting that my hand was preventing her from speaking coherently.

She bit my palm and eyed me when I shrieked

"Why'd you bite me?" I grumbled

"What are you doing here and why did you cover my mouth?" She asked

"I forgot to give you an extra cloth, so I came to drop it off. And I still don't understand why you screamed" I whispered shouted

"Well in case you've forgotten, you kidnapped me and who knows, maybe you decided to just rape me before sending me home" She replied with an eye roll

"Technically, I didn't kidnap you, Hunter did and for goodness sake do you have any idea what he would have done if he heard your scream and rushed here?" I asked bewildered

"I wouldn't know, he couldn't care less" She shrugged moving close to the bed and effortlessly putting on the cloth I laid down for her without taking off her towel.

"I don't know why you think that but that man has been waiting for you for years" I said, turning aside in case the towel decided to be cruel to her

"Yeah, alright, it sure looks like it" She replied, sarcastically.

I understood her, I'd probably feel the same if someone who claimed to be my soulmate one minute has her tongue down another's throat another moment.

"I know what you saw is messing with your head right now, but you've got to believe me. It's not my place to tell you what's going on between them, but I must inform you that that man is yours and you need to get him. Even if you have to fight"

She suddenly came to face me, already dressed. "If I need to fight to get him, then he's not mine" She retorted with a smirk

"You have to fight sometimes to get somethings even if it was yours to begin with" I added.

I knew I had won that round since she remained silent for a while, but I also knew she wasn't one to back down easy.

"What makes you think I actually care about what ever bullshit you are spewing?" She turned around, her hand in her hair.

"What makes you think I believe in your werewolf bullshit story" She retorted

"Well, for starters, we're still having this conversation," My wolf growled, enraged at the disrespect, but I had to calm him down since we had a bigger problem at hand. "You wouldn't be here arguing with me if you didn't believe."

Tiara glared at me, knowing fully well that I was right. But that wasn't all, it seemed like she needed to see to believe completely.

I approached the window and opened it, then perched on the window frame.