35- Beating of your life

"Raegan Gallagher-Milkovich?" A nurse called. Raegan sat anxiously beside Isaac as they waited to be called in the waiting room of planned parenthood. It was a white room with only like three other people in there.

     Raegan looked nervously to Isaac when she heard her name. He nodded his head in reassurance as they both stood up to follow the nurse into the room.

     "Take a seat on the bed, make yourself comfortable and the doctor will be with you in just a sec," the nurse smiled as they entered the office.

     "Okay thank you," Isaac replied rubbing his hands together as Raegan looked around the room at all the signs and posters, Isaac watched her, knowing she was just as frightened as he was.

     "Hey, Rae just sit up on the bed and lie back, chill, it'll be okay whatever way this turns out," he reassured. She nodded, hauling herself up on the bed, sitting on the side and wringing her hands together.

     She slowly lay back, looking at all the equipment and pictures of weird foetus's on the wall.

     Raegan noticed Isaac was squinting his eyes and furrowing his eyebrows at one of the statue foetus's on the shelf, "What're you doing?" She asked, puzzled at his expression.

     "Is that actually what a baby looks like before it comes out of a vagina?" He questioned. Raegan scoffed, "What? You sleep through sex Ed in school?"

     "Why's it's head so big?"

     "It's just what it looks like near the start Isaac Jesus. They have to like.. grow and shit before they're born."

     "What the fuck! It looks like a goddamn alien!"

     Raegan giggled at his stupidness, but I guess he wasn't wrong. They did look like aliens.. with giant ass heads.

     Suddenly the door opened and a doctor walked through, a young woman in a long white coat, holding a clipboard.

     "Hello Miss Gallagher, I'm doctor Martin and I'll be doing a checkup for you and your baby today, talk you through your options excetra.." she smiled.

     "Yeah.. okay," Raegan mumbled, her eyes meeting with Isaacs once again for extra reassurance.

     "Okay so there's no need to be nervous or anything, I just need you to unbutton and zip down your jeans just a little bit, and pull up your shirt so I can do your ultrasound," she explained.

     "Is that really what a baby looks like?" Isaac asked the doctor, pointing at the foetus he was looking at before. Raegan rolled her eyes, "shut up Isaac!"

     The doctor smiled and shook her head as Raegan did as she was told, laying back as the doctor squirted some cold gel on her lower stomach, then running the ultrasound scanner over her stomach.

     Raegan bit her lip as she waited, Isaac now coming to sit beside Raegans bed. Next thing she knew, there was a soft pitter-patter in hers and Isaacs ears.

     "There's the heartbeat," the nurse told them. "Holy shit," Raegan panted, hearing the tiny sound. How could that be a babies heartbeat.. it was so quiet and tiny.

     "And here.. is the foetus."

     Isaac just had a stunned look on his face, staring at the screen in complete awe, "that's it?"

     "Yep, right there," the nurse said, pointing at a tiny spec on the screen amongst the black.

     "Holy fuck it's tiny, it looks like a peanut," Raegan stated.

     "Yes it's very tiny, I'd say you are no more than five weeks along, definitely no more than that judging by its size."

     "The baby looks healthy so far, but of course you still have options, with you both being only sixteen and eighteen you should consider which would suit you two best."

     "Uh.. yeah okay," Isaac stuttered, shuffling slightly in his seat.

     "So of course, you can decide to have the baby, give birth and raise it yourselves. The second option is give birth to the baby but give it up for adoption, to a family who would love the child as their own. Or third abortion, you'd go through a procedure which would end your pregnancy."

     Raegan looked to Isaac. "You don't have to decide straight away, you have my number, you can call to schedule another appointment and which whatever you choose, I can keep doing your ultrasounds, go through adoption agencies with you or schedule you into the clinic."

     "Okay.. thanks doc."

"I'll give you two a minute," she smiled, winking before turning to walk out.

Raegan looked back worriedly to Isaac again. "What do you think?"

"Um," Isaac sighed, , "I dunno what we're you thinking?"

Raegan took a deep breath, "I mean, I dunno, I just don't really know if I can have a baby, I'm sixteen. Plus we're on and off all the time, a baby of a full time thing. It can't have parents that are on and off."

"You think?" Isaac asked. Raegan widened her eyes at him, "what you fucking want the baby?"

"Well no, no I don't. It's just seeing it in real life is cool," he muttered.

"Isaac, it's a couple of cells, it's not a baby yet. You know we can't do this what the fuck!"

"I fucking know Rae, Jesus. I don't think we can do this either."

Raegan sighed, chewing on her lip, "I think I'm gonna have to get an abortion. I mean, lots of people in my family got abortions, it's not a big deal. I just don't think I can have a baby Gallagher-Milkovich. Plus it'll save you from getting the beating of your life from my dads."

     "Yeah, plus Gallagher and Milkovich kids tend not to turn out the best," Isaac smiled, putting a hand over hers.

     "Fuck you," she laughed, but soon after let her face drop.

     "So you're sure, you're gonna get an abortion?" Isaac asked.

     "Yeah, guess I am."

***

"Hey Fran," Raegan said through the phone. "Hey Rae, you good? Did you talk to Isaac?" Franny interrogated.

     "Yeah, talked to him. We went to the clinic and all, but I need your help."

     "Sure rugrat what do you need?"

     ".. I need to schedule an abortion."

      "You're not keeping it?"

     "No, I guess not. I just don't think I can do it Fran."

     "Thank god, you're not making a stupid decision. I'll schedule one for you, I'll drive you there, home and I'll stay with you for the whole thing okay?"

     "Thanks Fran, love you."

     "Love you too rugrat."

I live for Franny and Raegans friendship they're too cute🥺 Also I hope you guys like Raegans decision even though I'd love to see her be a mom, I felt like she has so much more potential than for it to be taken over by a baby💗