50- Sibling rivalry

Raegan woke up the next morning, trudging past the sitting room and into the kitchen, finding her "brother".. I guess, sitting at the table smoking a cigarette.

     "They let you stay?" She asked him.

     "No, they sent us away to sleep in a cardboard box in an alley.. yes they let us stay, mom is in a sleeping bag in the sitting room," he snapped back.

     "Chill, Jesus I just asked you a question," she replied, grabbing coffee and pouring herself a mug, "so why are you here anyway."

     "Guy mom got married to went bankrupt. Found out he was selling shit on the black market, got arrested and the rest is history," he shrugged.

     "Huh," Raegan sighed, taking it in. She still found it hard to wrap her head around the fact this was actually her half brother, "so... are you actually my brother. Or you just her kid and she married my dad somehow."

     He scoffed, "No, I am your brother. Micks dad, Terry, was a dickhead. Didn't want Mickey to be gay. Made them get together and when she got pregnant, they got married. Don't know how he managed to keep red to be honest."

"Terry's a child of Satan," Raegan agreed.

"I know, apparently at my christening he just got out of jail. Lasted four hours before he got thrown back in," Yevgeny stated.

"Jesus. Well one time he broke into our house and pistol-whipped my ass because my aunt Mandy owed him. So, don't think he's the most paternal person in the world," she smiled.

Yevgeny just smiled and looked down at his cigarette.

     "Why do you think they never told me about you? They never tell me anything," Raegan questioned.

     Yevgeny scoffed, "you really don't stop asking questions do you? And isn't it obvious? They weren't protected when they were kids, now they're doing their level best to protect you, whether it's right or wrong, they think that's what they have to do to keep you safe."

Raegan didn't like the thought of that. Did they not get that not telling her important shit was so stupid?

     "Whatever. You hate Terry as much as I do?" She asked him.

     "If not more. Why?" Yevgeny asked, looking at Raegan skeptically.

     "He still lives on the south side with his sumbag nephews, wanna rob him?" She asked, shrugging.

      Yevgeny smiled, they were both in denial that they were siblings really, but really.. their mindsets were identical, "Fuck yeah."

"Okay, grab that bat over there, I'll get one of dads guns. We've got ski masks too, don't want Terry seeing us and coming here to pistol whip our asses," Raegan went on.

     Yevgeny looked behind him to where the bat was...

     Okay, fair enough, his dad was a scumbag for leaving him, never cared. But the sister he produced after him.. maybe she wasn't so bad.

    And trust me.. he was really looking forward to robbing his trash, piece of shit grandfather.