38-aunt

That night, after coming home from the whole school incident, the only Gallagher awake in the house was Raegan. She was making her way downstairs at about 2am.

She was just heading to the kitchen when she heard the house phone buzzing. She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. Who the fuck was calling them at 2 in the morning.

She brushed her hair out of her face and walked to the phone, looking at it before hesitantly reaching for it. She held it to her ear.

"Hello?" She asked suspiciously.

"Hello? Mick?"

"Who the fuck is this? You know what time it is?"

"Yes I know the fucking time, is Mickey there? Mickey Milkovich?"

"He's asleep. Like everyone usually is at 2 in the morning on a Wednesday. Who is this I'll ask you again," Raegan snapped, irritated by the croaky voice coming from the other end of the phone.

"I'm an old friend, can you tell him to call me back?"

Raegan rolled her eyes, "can you at least tell me your fuckin name? Before I tell my dad to call a random stranger back?"

"Dad? He's your dad? You're Raegan?"

"Listen bitch your starting to get on my fuckin nerves! Who the fuck are you!"

Just as she said that, the line ended and she heard a beep, meaning she hung up. Raegan shrugged it off, before heading to the kitchen. Barely being bothered by the call.

***

"Eggs?" Ian asked Raegan and Mick as the sat at the table.

They both nodded, holding their plates out for him.

"Oh, dad. I was up at like two in the morning last night and the phone buzzed. Some chick called asking for you, don't know her name but her number should be in the history," Raegan explained, spooning eggs into her mouth.

"What do you mean some chick? What she say?" Mickey questioned, puzzled.

"Said she was an old friend. Knew my name though, when I told her you were my dad."

Mickey looked to Ian, both of them suspicious about the call. "Uh, okay I'll give her a call. Go get ready for school rugrat," Mickey grunted.

"I am ready."

"Right fine, go upstairs and get my cigarettes then," Mickey demanded.

"Are you serious?"

"Go!"

Raegan rolled her eyes before running upstairs to get them.

"An old friend?" Ian asked, looking to Mick. "I dunno," Mickey said, looking confused.

"How would she know Raegans name?" Ian asked.

"I don't know!" Mickey snapped. "I'm just saying, sounds weird.. and familiar," Ian shrugged just as Raegan came back downstairs.

"Bus is here, see you fuckers later!" She called, playfully slapping the back of Ian's head, grabbing her bag and running out the door.

They both heard the door slam, and Ian looked back to Mickey who didn't say anything, instead just went on lighting a cigarette.

"Well?" Ian queried.

Mickey threw him a look, "what?" He snapped, talking with his cigarette held in his lips.

"Call the number back!"

"Christ! Fine," Mickey spat, getting up from his seat, and making his way into the living room. Ian followed closely behind him.

Mickey grabbed the phone, sat on the couch and checking the history, clicking on the most recent call. Ian as leaning in, trying to hear everything.

Mickey listened to the ringtone, waiting for an answer.

"Hello?"

"Hello? Who's this?" Mick grumbled.

"Is this Mick? Mickey?"

"Yes this is Mickey, Jesus Christ."

"Mick.. it's Mandy."

Mickey looked at Ian, they both knew that was coming, "Jesus Mandy.. you gotta be careful. Raegan answered the phone last night."

"I know, I'm sorry. But I need help, you gotta come get me please. I'm in Cedar lake, Indiana."

"Are you serious? You disappeared for 15 fucking years and now you want me to pick you up? Could you be an aunt to our daughter after she was born? No!"

"Mick! I want to see her! I panicked when she answered the phone and I know the arrangement we have, I just really need your help now brother."

Mickey sighed, Ian looked at Mick, concerned.

"Right.. okay fine. But Raegan shouldn't know the situation, you're her aunt okay?"

"Yes, I know that Mick I just need you to come get me, please."

"Fine.. I'm on my way." He hung up the phone, looking to Ian, "Mandy needs me to go get her in fucking Indiana."

"Holy shit. She's okay though?"

"I don't know yet, but Raegan isn't knowing the full situation. She's her aunt, nothing else okay?"

Ian sighed, "yeah. Okay."

Mickey got up, grabbing the car keys and a jacket, "fucking Milkoviches," he muttered before heading out the door.