25

"How are things going for you two?" Roy asked before sticking more jelly into his mouth. Several empty packets sat in front of him. "League stop treating you like ten year olds?"

The ice cream shop was quiet. Red booth seats, torn and ripped and some stained with substances I hoped were from messy eaters, mostly sat empty. The haphazardly repaired tables scattered in the middle didn't fair much better, with only two of them occupied. Even then those two tables were together. Rundown and constantly on the verge of going under, the small shop was a favorite place to relax when we were off duty. 

Mainly because it was cheap enough that Wally would not go broke. 

"We don't have babysitters when we go out. Well, aside from that time we had to take the captain with us." Wally scratched at a spot on the table. 

"I am not sure that counts as adult supervision," I said. "Sometimes it seems as though he is younger than any of us."

"That's only because Robin's like an-"

"Oh, hey guys!" Dick slid into the booth, pushing Roy and Wally against each other. Bright blue eyes gleamed at me, along with the bright smile on his face. "We didn't know you guys were here today."

"Hello, my friend," I said with a small grin. "Hello, Percy." My gaze held on her for a moment, probably too long. I looked back to Dick before she could notice. Not before Roy or Wally could notice unfortunately. The table jolted and blood ran from Wally's nose.

"I knew-" 

"Thank you, Roy." I slid over, pressing myself into the corner; I patted the spot next to me. 

Percy's lips pressed into a thin line and she shuffled her feet.  "Do you, uh, do you mind if I take the window?" asked Percy. I nodded and got out of the booth. My hand rested on the back as I let Percy move past me. The jagged edges of torn vinyl pressed against my palm and fingers. The bite of it was enough to distract me from the wide smile Wally bore behind the napkin used to stifle the blood-flow.

"Who's this?" Roy asked, gesturing to Percy. 

"My cousin. Have you guys ordered yet? The banana split is good, even though someone-" Dick glared at Roy. "-refuses to admit it."

"Banana's are disgusting, no matter how much chocolate you slather onto them."

"I've seen you eat bananas before."

"Green ones."

"You're disgusting."

"Oh, are you two joining them?" The waitress sat our drinks on the table. "What can I get you two to drink?"

"Water for the both of us," said Percy, ignoring Dick's protests until the waitress left. "You already drank pop today, Alfred will lecture us both if you drink more. Anyway, do they have any blue ice cream here?"

"No, but they have black raspberry." Dick said.

"Close enough."

When the waitress came back and after we placed our orders, awkward silence reigned. Roy looked at Percy with narrowed eyes. Percy noticed, having raised an eyebrow. After that, she did not pay any attention to him. 

"How come you're living with Bruce all of the sudden?"

"My parents were murdered." Percy bit out. "I didn't get much of a choice, since I don't have any family that can take care of me. I mean, I have some cousins on my dad's side, but-" she shrugged. "Not sure I was to let a thirteen year old be in charge of me."

Roy looked as though he realized the taste in his mouth was that of the shoe he had shoved in there. "Well uh. I guess you get to join the adopted by billionaires club then."